We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Dahab a good place to go as a single?

London
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Is Dahab a good place to go as a single?

Hi,

I'm looking at heading down to Dahab in september for a week and was wondering if people thought it was a good idea for someone travelling alone - is it easy to meet people?

I recently took up windsurfing here in the UK, and the idea of doing it somewhere beautiful like Dahab sounded great - improve and enjoy the expierence. But outside of the windsurfing, wanted to get an idea of what is was like?

In the end, nothing wrong with a week or so on one's own, reading on the beach, etc - but would be nice to meet other people in the evenings.

Thanks,

1. Re: Is Dahab a good place to go as a single?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2017, 13:30
London
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Dahab a good place to go as a single?

Hi WhisperingOmen,

I just wanted to say thanks for a great reply!!

You've fully convinced me that its the place to go, so that settles it.

I'm planning on going out there next month, so before I do I might take you up on your offer of more advice!

I'm completely happy to go out and meet "strangers", etc - i just wanted to make sure there were people around.

Thanks again

3. Re: Is Dahab a good place to go as a single?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2017, 13:30
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Dahab a good place to go as a single?

Hi TurinX

I am considering doing something similar after a few days sightseeing in Cairo/Luxor and would be interested to hear how you get on...

Enjoy your hols!

Cheers!

London
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Dahab a good place to go as a single?

Hi cvr123,

I've finally actually booked my holiday - I'll be sure to give you the low down on how it went when I get back... Can't wait!!!!!

:-)

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Dahab a good place to go as a single?

TurinX

I think the folk in Dahab would be very laid back and love meeting you ! The Egyptians are genuinely very, very, friendly people....... nothing false with them! You'll have a great time - ENJOY :-)))

Liverpool
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Dahab a good place to go as a single?

WO, Thanks for taking the time to posting this comprehensive reply, the information is really useful to me! ! !

northwest
Level Contributor
572 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Dahab a good place to go as a single?

I've travelled before alone to Nuweiba, twice which was no problem at all, ( except for an incident at Swisscare ) and would go back again, but not to that particular hotel I would ,have no hesitation in going to Dahab.where the atmosphere is great, so laid back and relaxed. Go for it :-)

9. Re: Is Dahab a good place to go as a single?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

Removed on: 25 February 2010, 15:36
London
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Dahab a good place to go as a single?

I went to Dahab on the advice of so many people who raved about it and I was taken aback by Dahab. I cannot believe so many people rave about Dahab.

It is a dump. It is filthy, rubbish strewn, bad beaches in which you have to wear thick soled shoes to protect your feet from the rocks, and run down. As for the so called down town area, it's tiny and full of cheap and cheerful tourist shops all selling the same thing and all the restuarants look the same and sell the same. There are a few places where you can sit on cushions overlooking the sea but to be honest so what?! You can do that in any beach town. Laid back and relaxed... that just means boring. Row after row of crappy bars where you can sit on the floor on a cushion. Go somewhere with some decent establishments.

Can't beleive I wasted my money on Dahab.