We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy life village hotel and some info on Dahab ....

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
967 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Happy life village hotel and some info on Dahab ....

I'm looking for some information on the Happy life village hotel just outside Dahab....

I've heard it's about 8 KM outside Dahab on a very bad road and this journey takes about 25 mins ! Can anyone confirm this ?

Is it easy to get a taxi at night back to this hotel and how much does it cost ? When we were in sharm the taxi drivers all stuck together and bumped up there prices as they knew there was no other way back to our hotel there...I dont want to spend lots of time traveling back and forward spending lots of money on taxis...Would we be beter in hotel/camp in Dahab ?

What about day and night trips in Dahab ??

I would like to do a trip into the desert and spend a night with the Bedouins but the wife is a little scared and doesn't trust there food....Can someone put her mind at rest?

What other trips should we do ??

Is there a good quad biking trip and what is the best boat trip that includes snorkling ?? I would love to see some turtles ?

Sorry about all the questions but i have to convince the wife...

Any information would be most welcome

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
494 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Happy life village hotel and some info on Dahab ....

Hi

We didn't stay there but went diving near there and I would say yes, it's an awful road and yes it probably takes about 20 minutes. I'm sure it will be very easy to get a taxi but I've no idea of cost- sorry.

On the plus side, your hotel is in a very good place for snorkelling (and diving) so unless you particularly want a boat trip, it won't be necessary. We took a boat trip to Gabr el Bint for diving and snorkelling, which was very good.

We had one Bedouin meal in Dahab and really enjoyed it - I don't think there's any reason to be more suspicious of their food than anybody else's.

I wrote a Just Back trip report after our hols in Dahab which you may find useful for other tips about trips etc.

R

South Sinai
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Happy life village hotel and some info on Dahab ....

Hi there

yes the Happy life village is about 8 KM outside Dahab on a very bad road and this journey takes about 25 mins rod and they have shtal buses to the town but if you want to have taxe that will cost you 35LE equal to 5 Euro per taxe one way and it is not hard to found it at any time you wanted.

about the trips in Dahab you can check thew internet you will found alot of compney offer alot of tours around dahab but the best way if you have time is to take one day of your holday and to go to the town and walk around you will found alot of tour comneys offer alot of trips.

hope to see you in Dahab

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Happy life village hotel and some info on Dahab ....

Hope you manage to convince the wife, because Dahab is a fabulous place!

Happy life is definitely a way out of town, on a bad road, but the location is really nice and the snorkelling there is wonderful!

I wouldn't worry about food in the desert with the Bedouins. From my experience, everything is cooked fresh right in front of your eyes and the guides keep a close eye on hygiene. Probably safer than any restaurant food (though I haven't really had much trouble with that either)!

Hope you enjoy your time in Dahab.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
967 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Happy life village hotel and some info on Dahab ....

Thanks for the replies..

I think the location of the hotel will be fine for us...We want to chill and snorkel in a spectacular area and going by the pictures it certainly is a fabulous location...I'm sure we will go into Dahab most days/nights at some point so we can have the best of both worlds....I just ,hope we don't loose the feel for Dahab doing this...

5. Re: Happy life village hotel and some info on Dahab ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2010, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations