We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TravelLing alone

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
706 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
TravelLing alone

I am thinking of going to Dahab for the first time alone in October, just fancy somewhere different and this has been suggested, If I like I will return in December with my hubby. My uestion is, could anyone recommend the beat place to stay as a woman alone, I would like a nice hotel overlooking the sea balcony mod cons etcbutnot huge I do like homely and small, I have never dives but would love to try, do you have to be experienced diver to go here? Also which airport is best flying from Dubai or Abu dhabi all I can find ia via Cairo no direct, is it safe to fly to Cairo alone. Any help on these questions greatly appreciated, anybody from forum there in October? Q

egypt
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TravelLing alone

It is Safe to Fly to Cairo alone.

The nearest airport to Dahab is Sharm EL Sheikh airport, but i think no direct flights from UAE to Sharm EL Sheikh, you have to take your connection via cairo.

Upon arrival sharm, you will be transferred to dahab within around one hour or one hour fifteen.

Recommended hotels there is Coralia Dahab but choose Category A as other categories aren't good.

Also Hilton Dahab and Meridien Dahab.

For Diving, you can start with primary courses, PADI course and your instructor will help you in that.

Travel Safe,

Allam

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
296 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TravelLing alone

There are some wonderful places to stay on the boardwalk at all prices, we stayed at Sabry Palace camp which was a basic hut and only cost around $5 a night! II'd recommend staying in the centre of Dahab, the place is full of travellers and divers, with many hostels operating as dive centres with discounts for residents. I travelled with my partner but there were many lone female travellers and Dahab is not so hassely as other parts of Egypt.

Check out room reviews on hostelworld www.hostelworld.com/search… and tripadvisor. There are many of hotel standard.

dorset
Level Contributor
554 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TravelLing alone

Hello I agree it would probably be best to stay in town. There are lots of travellers and divers there, of all ages. The hotels on the lagoon (where the sandy beach is ) are lovely but are all quite big.

If you are looking for something smaller, in town you could look at the Nesima Hotel. It is very central, and has a small swimming pool. The rooms and restaurant are very clean there (not sure whether you can find a room with a balcony though). Also - they run a dive school so you would be able to organise some lessons through them.

This is not the cheapest option though - many of the camps would be more inexpensive. Depends on what you are looking for.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
706 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TravelLing alone

Thanks everyone for your replies, I have been looking at Dahab Paradise, does anyone know about it or been there.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
296 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TravelLing alone

I haven't stayed there but I do know it is quite far out of town, the reviews are really good though. If you have bicycles that would be ok, it depends what you are after really. We stayed quite far out of town on our first trip which was lovely but it was nice to also go into town at night and it was quite a long walk, after a few days we moved to the centre and we really enjoyed it.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
706 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TravelLing alone

Hi

I'm just looking to chill and relax after a hectic couple of months with family and friends, I don't think I would be going into town at night alone so maybe this place would suit me. It's a choice between this and the Iberotel Dahabeya, will decide once I can figure flights from here, seems jordanian air is an option. Thanks all, will keep you posted if and when I go.

Egypt
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: TravelLing alone

Hi,

Try this link www.facebook.com/bedouinmoonhotel on the Bedouin Moon Hotel face book page on single traveling to Dahab from a female perspective.

Great article.

dorset
Level Contributor
554 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TravelLing alone

Hello

The Iberotel Dahabeya is lovely (I'm off there soon in fact). It is a friendly hotel, with only around 100 rooms so is quite manageable. You would be fine chiling by the beach or by the pool, with the odd diving/ snorkelling trip thrown in. There is a dive centre on the beach right by the hotel (windsurfing too, if you fancy that).

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
706 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TravelLing alone

This was brilliant thankyou so much

Saint Catherine...
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TravelLing alone

Try Jazeera Airways (http://www.jazeeraairways.com) or Nas Air (http://www.flynas.com) for flights from Dubai to Sharm

Edited: 15 September 2011, 10:12
Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations