We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costly items: What shall i bring to Dahab.

Which Dahab hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Costly items: What shall i bring to Dahab.

Hi, having been to Egypt before i know both suntan cream and UK spirits can be expensive. Is there anything else i need to consider bringing with me. are snorkeling masks etc resonably priced?

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costly items: What shall i bring to Dahab.

You can buy snorkelling equipment cheaply in the supermarkets and shops in Egypt but it's not recommended and not great quality. The snorkelling here is fantastic and if you want to make the most of the experience, you should buy a proper snorkel mask which fits and is comfortable for you. Buy one at home from a dice shop or a sports shop such as Decathlon, well worth it and it will lst you for years.

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costly items: What shall i bring to Dahab.

I bought a brilliant Speedo snorkel set (mask, snorkel and flippers) for around £15 at Debenhams last year. Nice easy fit and good seal around the mask. I'm sure you can find sets for cheaper in sales.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costly items: What shall i bring to Dahab.

Sorry in my post I meant to say dive shop, not dice shop !

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costly items: What shall i bring to Dahab.

Best to buy fins that allow you to wear boots as most sites involve a walk over the coral.

Phil

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costly items: What shall i bring to Dahab.

I've just returned from Dahab and as an update to my post #2, there are plenty of restaurants with direct beach/sea access who will rent snorkel masks & fins for a small fee (5-10LE) or free if you order food and beverage. In particular, I'd like to mention Bedouin Oasis next to the Yalla Bar and opposit Desert Divers (close to the Lighthouse area). I strolled across at 11am for a late breakfast and Zezo the manager offered me a full English with free bottle of water, free sunbed, free snorkels and even took me all over the bay snorkelling for an hour when the restaurant wasn't busy - all for 15LE. Really went above and beyond, as I couldn't find it on TA to review I'm mentioning it here.

In retrospect, everything was cheaper in Dahab than even the Pound shops here in the UK. I've decided to head back to Dahab at the end of this year and I'll be taking a lot less with me this time!

6. Re: Costly items: What shall i bring to Dahab.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 21:43
Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations