We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Money

hi, is it best to change Uk pounds with a money changer or use a bank or ATM? which give the best rates? thanks.

Lothians
Level Contributor
761 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money

For convenience I have used the ATMs to change money and withdraw LE directly from my bank account. The FX rate on changing notes was very good and the charge was low (can't remember the exact amount).

There are a number of machines throughout Dahab including some in the larger chain hotels and most offer FX services.

You can use the following link to get a map of the location of the ATMs and can also use the links through to the bank websites to check their facilities and FX rates. Enter ATM and Dahab to get the info you need.

http://www.yellowpages.com.eg/searchmap.html

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Money

Thanks jack

england
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money

Went in September was told their money was no good to them we paid everything in sterling .

Lanzarote
Level Contributor
86 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money

Was there late September. Changed euros and GBP in the cash machines, very good rate on both. Egyptian pounds accepted everywhere no problem, was never asked for sterling.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,875 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Money

"Went in September was told their money was no good to them ... "

By whom, please? Nowhere, to the best of my knowledge, has it ever been suggested that Egyptian currency (L.E.) may be "no good" to the Egyptian recipients. Their wages, surely, are paid in Egyptian currency?

Kent
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Money

we have just come home and it is so quiet no one has any money I bought my sterling home and used ATM even then they had trouble changing 100.s

7. Re: Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations