We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos at the end of March

Which Dahab hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitos at the end of March

We are staying at the Tropitel Oasis at the end of March, can anyone advise on mosquito activity at that time of year and whether it's possible to buy protection in Dahab or best to take with you.

Thanks

Gill

blackpool
Level Contributor
195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitos at the end of March

hi there, I was at the Tropitel Dahab Oasis the last two weeks of January and am heading back there again on the 24th of February. The hotel does not spray the grounds for mosquitos so we and other guests got bitten quite a lot. We did take a bug plug for the room and were very glad we had. Take a plug and some anti mosquito spray with you. The mossies seemed most active in the evening and night as usual but also early morning when I walked along the beach watching the sun come up they were also prevalent. I would presume they will still be about whilst you are there. BTW, I didn't actually see many so they are sneaky ones!

I hope this helps.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
907 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitos at the end of March

I am rather surprised to hear the hotel has stopped spraying because each time we have been there they have sprayed every evening. Might be interesting to ask Joel why they stopped spraying, must be a reason .

blackpool
Level Contributor
195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitos at the end of March

Maybe it is seasonal and they spray in the warmer months perhaps. Cheering to hear that they did spray when you visited tho. I never thought to ask Brigette about it: if anything I considered it to be a cost saving thing with the hotel on low occupancy. .

blackpool
Level Contributor
195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitos at the end of March

Maybe it is seasonal and they spray in the warmer months perhaps. Cheering to hear that they did spray when you visited tho. I never thought to ask Brigette about it: if anything I considered it to be a cost saving thing with the hotel on low occupancy. .

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitos at the end of March

Thank you both for your replies - I'll bring a plug and oil with us, which of course will guarantee that they'll be spraying by the time we arrive and we'll have no problem.

Gill

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitos at the end of March

You could always take those coil things to put under the table if you sit out in the evenings

blackpool
Level Contributor
195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitos at the end of March

that;s a great idea thanks! I will see if I can buy some tomorrow.I will let you know on my return if they have started spraying.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
907 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquitos at the end of March

Hi, I understand from general manager that they are spraying again. We always take the Deet spray just in case as well. Enjoy but am sure you will. Josy

blackpool
Level Contributor
195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mosquitos at the end of March

that is great news, Josy, maybe I will take the risk of leaving my anti mostiquito stuff at home next week. boy did we get bitten a couple of weeks ago. i will check with Brigette tomorrow. Having said that, although we were bitten, the wildlife that was present due to the non spraying was amazing and I enjoyed it very much and look forward to more of the same. What a brilliant hotel this is!

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mosquitos at the end of March

Yes. It is.a fab place I llove Dahab as well. I use after sun with repellent in it, got it from boots. We went in October no bites for me an it usually am eaten alive.

Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations