We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone due to visit Dahab in the next month or two?

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone due to visit Dahab in the next month or two?

We are due to fly to Sharm and spend two weeks at The Happy Life Village, Dahab. We have booked a package holiday with Olympic. I was wondering whether anyone knew whether we would be moved in advance to a hotel in Sharm, or whether there is still a chance we will get to go where we wanted to?

Mentioned in this post
Happy Life Village
Happy Life Village
576 Reviews
Dahab, Egypt
Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort
Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort
#1 of 53 hotels in Dahab
Jaz Dahabeya
Jaz Dahabeya
#2 of 53 hotels in Dahab
Dahab Paradise
Dahab Paradise
#3 of 53 hotels in Dahab
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone due to visit Dahab in the next month or two?

I'm supposed to be going next sunday 9th... not sure what to do

West Midlands
Level Contributor
907 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone due to visit Dahab in the next month or two?

Nicola, I would have thought your travel company would have been in touch by now, they are supposed to be informing travellers week by week.

Hope the problems are over soon, There have been no problems in Dahab itself and the road between Sharm and Dahab is open but you holiday insurance will not cover you if you do go.

Mentioned in this post
Dahab
Dahab
South Sinai, Egypt
jersey
Level Contributor
250 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone due to visit Dahab in the next month or two?

I spoke to Olympic last week. They are in the process of moving people from Dhab on a "month by Month " basis. When I spoke to them they were moving March bookings..

Edited: 28 February 2014, 10:55
Rugby
Level Contributor
24 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone due to visit Dahab in the next month or two?

I am due to go in April to stay at Dahab Tropical Oasis. The flights are booked separately with Easyjet and they will not allow me to change them at present - I have to wait until within 2 weeks of the date. The news yesterday stated that Germany (including Tui and Thomas Cook Germany) have evacuated all German citizens from Sharm due to an increased risk of problems there. I don't want to go to Sharm anyway but insurance to Dahab will be invalid.

Mentioned in this post
Dahab
Dahab
South Sinai, Egypt
West Midlands
Level Contributor
907 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone due to visit Dahab in the next month or two?

Hi, this is not getting any better at the moment is it. Please keep us informed if you hear anything. At present our government are saying Sharm is ok so Dahab holiday makers are being transferred to there. Fingers crossed it settles soon.

Mentioned in this post
Dahab
Dahab
South Sinai, Egypt
Dahab
Level Contributor
147 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone due to visit Dahab in the next month or two?

Hi all,

Just to let you know is it business as normal on the beach and around Dahab. There are tourists still here as a few nationalities are still arriving, without travel restrictions. All restaurants are open, all windsurfing/kitesurf centres (apart from Club Dahab) are all open. We expect the FCO will amend the advice back to green shortly as last Thursday the British Embassy from Cairo visited Dahab. They said to a local British hotel manager that the Sharm & Cairo consulate did not agree with London’s decision to put Dahab in the amber zone and they were visiting Dahab to check it out for themselves to gather info to feedback to them with the intention to change the status. The tourist police have been working really hard adding extra security at the check points and around town. We feel safe here and have lived here for many years.

Mentioned in this post
Dahab
Dahab
South Sinai, Egypt
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
London
London
England, UK
jersey
Level Contributor
250 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone due to visit Dahab in the next month or two?

That is brilliant news. We would move to Sharm rather than lose the holiday, but would much rather go to Dahab! Please let us know if you hear any more. x

Mentioned in this post
Dahab
Dahab
South Sinai, Egypt
West Midlands
Level Contributor
907 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone due to visit Dahab in the next month or two?

Hi, Dahabholidays, please keep us informed this is good news. Am a little concerned about the German government withdrawing from Sharm as well as Dahab. Can't wait to get there myself but have till September to wait and hopefully everything will be resolved. Take care x

Mentioned in this post
Dahab
Dahab
South Sinai, Egypt
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone due to visit Dahab in the next month or two?

I dont suppose anyone would know if they went as far as Taba to check the security there???????

Mentioned in this post
Taba
Taba
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Dahab
Level Contributor
147 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone due to visit Dahab in the next month or two?

No problem at all. We were really shocked when Dahab went amber on the FCO map as there are no changes here. Plus Cairo is completely green!!

Josy - I wouldn't worry about other nationalities stopping flights - we are getting used to this now as it happened after the revolution, last August due to events in Cairo and again now. Throughout all this Dahab has remained calm and peaceful.

Kyles - not sure about Taba.

Mentioned in this post
Dahab
Dahab
South Sinai, Egypt
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Taba
Taba
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt