We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dahab Paradise v Sheikh Ali Resort

Which Dahab hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
369 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Dahab Paradise v Sheikh Ali Resort

Just checked into the Sheikh Ali Resort for 4 nights after 7 in the Paradise. Both very good in different ways. Reviews to follow.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
907 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dahab Paradise v Sheikh Ali Resort

Hope you are having a wonderful time, have bn to the Paradise just for drinks, lovely place. Xx enjoy your nxt few days x

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
369 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dahab Paradise v Sheikh Ali Resort

Here's a quick comparrason of the two hotels that are no1 and no2 on TA in Dahab.

Looks

Dahab Paradise (DP) stayed here for 7 nights, win hands down on Sheikh Ali (SA) for character and looks better by far, that's not to say the SA doesn't look good it's just that DP is better.

Rooms

SA wins this one, really huge rooms and excellent quality, huge bed and great air con. The bathroom and shower is also far superior to DP. Though the DP does have a larger balcony and better view.

Resturant

DP wins, although there's plenty comment that the menu is lacking in variety and local cuisine but I found it excellent and very well presented. Also the breakfasts are better at the DP than SA

Pool & sun beds

Draw here both the DP & SA have great pools and good beds, but again the view is better at DP

Value for money

Hard to judge because we only pay £25/night at DP and we're paying £50 at SA for undoubtedly a better room. So I'll give it a draw.

Again hard to judge as it all depends on your needs. If you want that view and a very quiet hotel and don't mind getting a taxi into town then DP is for you. However the SA is right bang in town and right next to all the resturants Dahab has to offer.

Conclusion

When we return, we'll probably do the same again and split the hotels as each has something different to offer.

Sounds as though I am sitting on the fence but they are both great hotels for very different reasons and we all have different needs.

Anyone please feel free to DM me on any more infor about the hotels.

3. Re: Dahab Paradise v Sheikh Ali Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations