We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxor Black

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
306 reviews
Save Topic
Luxor Black

Hi

During our visit at Xmas we noticed in the El Gouna mag that they were brewing a Luxor Black (I think that's what it was called) a stout beer, but we couldn't find anywhere selling it, does anyone know which establishments are selling it?

Thanks

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxor Black

It was released about a year ago - but seems to be a regional thing - in that some regions have it, and others sadly don't!!!!

It also seems to be seasonal! So if you do manage to locate some, consider yourself lucky - and please report back and tell me what it tastes like!

Essex. UK
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxor Black

I've seen it a couple of times in El Mohandes supermarket (Tamr Henna) and the shop that has newspapers outside it across the square and on the outside of the ArtVillage (don't know the name sorry!) Marianne in Oriental Grill tried to get it for us from her supplier but they would only sell crates - and demand isn't high enough. Perhaps if everyone who goes out starts asking for it someone may decide it's worth buying in a crate or two!

3. Re: Luxor Black

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 14:20
Get answers to your questions about El Gouna