We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers from Hurghada Airport

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
187 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers from Hurghada Airport

Hi we are going to Sharm this Xmas but we are thinking of trying El Gouna next year.We can get direct flights with Flyglobespan to Hurghada but I am not really sure if we would like Hurghada but fancy El Gouna. Fly Globespan do not have any Hotels in El Gouna on there package holidays with transfers only Hurghada. Can anyone tell me if any of the hotels in El Gouna pick up from Hurghada airport. If not how far from the airport to Hurghada and how much would we expect to pay if we got a taxi to El Gouna. I am assuming that there are taxis at the airport that would make the trip to El Gouna. Any advice would be appreciated.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers from Hurghada Airport

We have been to El Gouna several times, and returning at Xmas. We have used alpharooms.com to book our transfers, this year for four it was £18.96 return. The airport is around 30 minutes away. Personally I wouldnt by choice get a taxi from the airport, it would be a pretty hair experience!

El GOuna is a much nicer resort in my opinion, set on beautiful blue lagoons. The fab thing is its a hassle free resort which makes wandering around in the evenings a pleasure.

For our holiday in December we booked with Globespan going from Glasgow to Hurghada, and Easy Jet to London and up the next day with BA... this gave us a 10 day holiday this way. We booked our hotel through Asda travel believe it or not! THey were the cheapest by far for the Three Corners OCean View.

Keighley
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers from Hurghada Airport

Hi, for the last 2 trips to el gouna we have used PROTOURS based El gouna for the pick up from the airport. The last time I think they chaged 10euro pp each way, but it is in your own private taxi or mini bus, they even get the visa stamps for you if you ask.I have lost the number but you can find them by searching for PROTOURS.

Ian

Surrey
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers from Hurghada Airport

Hi Anxiousgran,

You may want to check the company I have listed below.

www.geocities.com/gotohurghada/transfer.htm

Mohammad Chawki, Operation Manager,Classical Tours

Mobile : 002 010 233 1801 - 002 018 35 11 845

Fax : 002 065 3550 953

E-mail : gotohurghada@yahoo.com

Address : Hurghada , Helal Area , Villa no. 3

Book now , confirm three days before arrival and pay when you arrive

Hurghada Airport Transfer rates

Meet , Assist and Transfer to Hurghada Hotels

From 1 to 1 pers 06.00 GBP per pers. per way

From 2 to 3 pers 03.00 GBP per pers. per way

From 4 or more 02.00 GBP per pers. per way

Lisa

ESSEX
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers from Hurghada Airport

Hi I have an apartment in El Gouna, its a beautiful place. You can contact the hotels through their respective websites and they will arrange transfers or you can use El Gouna Limousines, or just get a taxi at the airport. Cost should be around 100 Egyptian pounds, approx £10, plus tip. I have done this many times, no problems at all.

Jenny

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers from Hurghada Airport

Gee... just gone to book our transfer for December through Alpharooms that we used in July that cost us £18.96 for four return, and for three people they are quoting £62.80!!!!

manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers from Hurghada Airport

Hi,

The simplest way is after you have booked the hotel e-mail the guest relation with arrival time etc & flight No & they will arrange it for you.

Trying to get a taxi on arrival at this airport would be somewhat frantic.

Just making this arrangement at TCOV for my return next March.

Fabulous place.

Was quoted 20 euro each way for transfer.

The driver will be waitng with board showing hotel name & yours - no worries.

Mel

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfers from Hurghada Airport

Is that each way Mel... if so pretty expensive??

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfers from Hurghada Airport

Lisa-M... have you used geocities before... I reckon by these calculations that it will cost us £18 return for three of us at xmas return? Best I have seen so far.

Surrey
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
976 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfers from Hurghada Airport

lorrained - Lisa-M is still in El Gouna, will be coming home next Tuesday.

manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfers from Hurghada Airport

Hi Lorraine,

It cost 10 or 12 euro each way in March & I think most people have increased prices when the oil went up. However I prefer booking this thru the hotel as it feels safer & the service is spot on & no hanging around- so 20 euro is OK with me.

Mel

Get answers to your questions about El Gouna
Recent Conversations