We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. Sinai

portland, oregon
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mt. Sinai

I'll be in El Gouna in Sept for 6 days and was wondering how hard it is to get from El Gouna to Mt. Sinai. How long would it take to get there? Boat vs. flight? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt. Sinai

My geography is not great, but think you would need to get a boat from Hurghada to Sharm... no idea of times, journey etc... I am sure someone else on the forum will be able to answer. Perhaps post on Hurghada forum too??

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt. Sinai

I would fly to Sharm as it is still another 260kms by coach from there....

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt. Sinai

The ferry service from Hurghada to Sharm operates Saturday Monday Tuesday and Thursday the journey is aprox 1 hour 30 minutes each way the Hurghhada to Sharm ferry departs at 09:00 on Saturdays 05:00 on Mondays 08:00 On Tuesday and 09:00 on Thursdays.

From Sharm to Hurghada the ferry departs 17:00 on Saturdays 18:00 On Mondays 17:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays again the journey is about 1 and half hours

The Rates for travel to Sharm and vice versa are as follows.

Rates per person - Egyptian Pounds (L.E.)

Adult Child

Egyptians One way 175 LE 100 LE

Egyptians Two ways (Return) 335 LE 190 LE

Foreigners One way 250 LE 150 LE

Foreigners Two ways (Return) 475 LE 285 LE

I hope that this information is of some use to you

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt. Sinai

From Sharm the ride by car is about 1 1/2 hours each way. There are shuttles consisting of vans and trucks with rear enclosures with bench seats or you can hire a private car. The auto can drive you to within about 1 km of the monastary.

If you choose to climb to the summit you'll need a good deal water (which you can buy at the many stands along the trail) and a local bedouin guide. Oh and you'll also need 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours to get there then another 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get down.

If you able to go you will find it amazing. Seeing the site is amazing.

5. Re: Mt. Sinai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about El Gouna
Recent Conversations