We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel ????

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel ????

Hi all again,

Any comments on the Sheraton or the Movenpick,

our 1st time in this area,dont know which one ????

Cheers

Surrey
Level Contributor
976 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel ????

Just got back fom our 7th visit to the Movenpick and just love the place. Never stayed at the Sheraton but that looks good too.

We took our nephew to the Movenpick a couple of years ago (when he was nearly two) and he had a great time. There are a couple of children's shallow small pools and the sea is so shallow for miles it is great for kids. There are also a few playgrounds, two on the beach - one of which is sheltered from the sun, and one near the tennis courts which is probably better for older children. they also have a kids club there but I don't know the details of this.

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel ????

Many thanks for your info !

Can you recommend any nice restaurants in the area ??

Also any room recomendations, thinking of upgrading too a deluxe room ??

Surrey
Level Contributor
976 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel ????

There are loads of lovely restaurants in El Gouna, all within easy reach of the Movenpick Hotel, catering for all tastes and budgets. What sort of food do you like?

I shall be adding a review of all the restaurants we visited last week. In fact I drafted it all earlier and lost my internet connnection, so will need to start again when I have a bit longer to do it!

The standard rooms are huge and although a bit dated are absolutely fine, definitely more than adequate for us - we like Cluster 7. They have started to refurbish the rooms and are currently doing cluster 3 - they are being completely gutted.

Cluster 7 is near one of the quieter pools (Lagoon Pool) which has a childrens pool and a walk in main pool. If you email guest relations at the hotel before you go, they will do their utmost to put you in the cluster that you request.

Leigh Gtr Mcr
Level Contributor
429 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel ????

We will be going to the Sheraton for the 3rd time on the 22nd September. Just luv it-it suits us perfectly. Can't comment on the Movenpick, but the Sheraton is just so comfortable & easy. Bed & breakfast is ideal-the range of restaurants at the Abu Tig Marina & downtown El Gouna is phenomal. Just go & enjoy

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel ????

Havent stayed at either, but others in El GOuna and have had a wander around both, and out of choice would stay at Movenpick, only because I feel there is more life about it and prefer the location. The Sheraton seems very quiet and perhaps a bit more formal?

6. Re: Which hotel ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2010, 07:16