We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Sheraton or The Movenpick ??

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Sheraton or The Movenpick ??

Hi All,

Can you help with our choice of these two resorts.

Two adults & a two year old.

We will be going b&b and do like eating out in the evenings.

Been getting mixed reports reg the Movenpick ?

Thanks for your coments

Surrey
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
976 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Sheraton or The Movenpick ??

We have been to the Movenpick 7 times and really love it. The resort is very spread out and ideal for children - very safe. We took our nephew when he was 2 yrs old and he had an excellent time (this was 3 years ago and we still get asked how 'Max' is wherever we go in El Gouna - they love children out there). There are children's pools and the sea is very shallow at the beach.

Having said all that, the Sheraton is in a more central position in El Gouna. Though you can walk downtown from both. It is so easy to get around El Gouna by bus, tok tok and taxi - all of which are very cheap, that I don't really think it matters which one from a location point of view.

Never stayed at the Sheraton but it does look nice too. I'm sure you'll love El Gouna whichever hotel you decide on - and if you like eating out you're in for a real treat!

england
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The Sheraton or The Movenpick ??

Been to El Gouna 10 times, Movenpick 8, and my son is going again in october with his dad.

had fantastic holidays there!

just been reading the recent negative hotel reviews - one said the breakfast was poor - well, I dont know where they went for breakfast then!! the movenpick breakfasts are excellent

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Sheraton or The Movenpick ??

Hi,

I have to agree with two previous posters I think you will be happy wherever you stay, as both hotels are lovely.

As for some of the reviews on the Movenpick I would take them with a pinch of salt...I almost fell off my chair when I saw the comment about the breakfast, its got so much choice the main problem is you don't know where to start !!!.

But then again everyone is entitled to their view.

We ususally stay at the Movenpick in Cluster 7 and it takes at a slow pace for us approx 5 mins in lovely grounds to get to the main building, the dressing gowns are of sufficient size for us and have never had anything other than excellent service from all the staff.

The restaurants around El Gouna are lovely so you will be spoilt for choice there as well.

england
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The Sheraton or The Movenpick ??

and as for the tipping quote in the review, ive never felt pressured by the Movenpick staff to leave a tip, unlike Luxor!

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Sheraton or The Movenpick ??

Thanks for all your comments,

Booking next week & we are still not sure which resort to choose,

any more info please,

Thanks, the Parkies

6. Re: The Sheraton or The Movenpick ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about El Gouna
Recent Conversations