We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rihanna resort- accommodation query

wales
Level Contributor
551 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Rihanna resort- accommodation query

Hi all.

Have booked to go the Rihanna Resort in March and was just looking up the hotels accommodation on the web-site. The accommodation details on our booking states that we have booked a " Twin/double room, garden/lagoon view- with pool"

From what I can see on the hotel website this description of room does not exist???? Am confused.com.!!!

Could anyone please shed any light on whether the booking description is correct. We haven't paid a great deal extra for this room, so am doubtful. We booked with travel company and not direct with hotel.

S S W

Edited: 16 August 2010, 18:21
england
Level Contributor
382 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rihanna resort- accommodation query

i think its a sort of coverall description ie u will get either a twin or double room with a garden or lagoon view and the hotel has a pool

actually if u lookover the pools or lagoon u pretty much look over the gardens anyways as they are all round the hotel. we usually email them and ask for a room overlooking the sunset pool as thats where we prefer to be but some people prefer the lagoon area its a matter of taste

hth

wales
Level Contributor
551 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rihanna resort- accommodation query

Thanks for that hth

It was confusing as some of the rooms described were just "standard twin/double". Its our first time to El Gouna and we are looking forward to the hassle-free atmosphere, for a change, and being able to just wander around the area.

Thanks again

S S W

england
Level Contributor
382 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rihanna resort- accommodation query

i suspect the standard rooms they mention are the rihanna inn ones as agents over here they dont really seem to seperate the 2 hotels

u will have a great time. i am very jealous as we havent made it there this year (yet?) march is lovely temperature there

oh and the hth stands for "hope that helps" lol

UK
Level Contributor
170 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rihanna resort- accommodation query

Is your preference pool or lagoon. We stayed recently and had absolutely the best lagoon view rooms. Gorgeous view. Very peaceful there and laid back. Loved it. Literally a stones throw from the lagoon bar. The rooms were excellent and the terraces were large and pretty with nice chairs and table.

wales
Level Contributor
551 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rihanna resort- accommodation query

Thanks sunlolly_uk

We dont really have a preference although the lagoon view rooms do sound lovely so fingers crossed. We've been planning to go to El Gouna for a few years now, and having done all the Egyptian places we wanted to visit, we are ready for the laid back and hassle free atmosphere it has to offer. Judging the reviews, looks like we have saved the best for last??

Hi Latmaz

Many thanks for your replies, and yes I am a bit dopey (hth) which is what my daughter tells me every time I have to ask her to explain some txt messages. Yes we love the temps in March as just right for us, though hoping we don't get the sandstorms that we had in Hurghada this March!!! Think that we may become regular visitors to El Gouna as so many of you return. Hope I can get back to you both if I have any other questions on the hotel and area???

Thanks again

S S W

england
Level Contributor
382 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rihanna resort- accommodation query

ha ha dont worry if u are dopey lord know what they would call me!!! ugh to the sandstorm but still at least u cant say u didnt get a bit of the real egypt!!!

if u want to be sure of a resort room do ask for one around the sunset pool or i am sure sunlolly will suggest a room number for the lagoon area. if u email them they are more than happy to try and get u a favourite room and we have never been let down yet by them

do please ask as many questions as u need forewarned is forearmed as they say. am so jealous i really want to go and am working on hub to agree to november <fingers crossed>

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rihanna resort- accommodation query

we just got back from Rihanna resort and as long as you have booked the resort and not the inn you should have either a pool view or a garden view i think. we had 3 rooms we i can reccomend with great view over the pool with the slides, next to 2 bars and quiet, the room i had was number 9203 central view over pool our friends had 9206,9108 but all rooms around this pool have the best view in my opinion.....the food and drink are good quality,the dolce vita al a carte restaurant you should get 1st visit free, great steaks the chez pascal is extra but very good try the t.bone 40E discount good beah bar great lagoon but no fish you will have to do a snorkell trip to see them book the Dolphin house trip we saw and i swam with Dolphins well worth £18 fantastic Downtown good at night The Marina also great the millionaires boats are awesome ....e tipped every day at the bar 5E only 50p but you gety a great service ENJOY!!!

wales
Level Contributor
551 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rihanna resort- accommodation query

Hi sophiesgrandad

Thanks for taking the time to give me the feedback. Couple of questions if you don't mind?? Swimming with Dolphins?? Is it in an enclosed area or out at sea?? Have gone to do it a few times before but as I am not a strong swimmer always put it off due to it being out at sea!!! The beach bar??? Do they serve beer or just soft drinks??? Not an alcoholic(honest) but do not like soft drinks as they are too sweet for me!!

Have booked the resort and not the inn so will be happy with whatever room we are allocated as both are recommended by previous posters so can't see us being disappointed either way!!

Thanks again

S S W

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rihanna resort- accommodation query

hi ...the dolphins are out at sea but you can wear a lifejacket if you are not confident,! the beach bar serves both soft drinks and beer but no spirits

10. Re: Rihanna resort- accommodation query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about El Gouna
Recent Conversations