We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back and thanks to everyone's help before going

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back and thanks to everyone's help before going

Hi ya all

Just flew home last night and just catching up quickly whilst the washing machine is going round and round and round!!!

Thanks to everyone for advising before our first trip to El Gouna it really was a great help. Will def be returning, though perhaps a different hotel next time.

Any questions will be happy to reply.

S S W

england
Level Contributor
462 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back and thanks to everyone's help before going

glad u had a good time, trust weather was good

3 weeks tues and i am off :)

Surrey
Level Contributor
976 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back and thanks to everyone's help before going

So pleased to hear you had a good time. Which hotel were you staying in?

Less than 11 weeks to go for us - it can't come quick enough........

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back and thanks to everyone's help before going

Hi latmaz

Yes it was showing 31C on the boards on the way to the airport yesterday!!

Was rather chilly(moreso than is usual in March for Egypt) with strong winds for the first few days!!

Hi justlovemyholidays

We were staying in the Rihana Inn, nicely situated between downtown and the Marina.

Hope you both have lovely holidays and we will make El Gouna our main annual destination(even taking over from our cherished Greek Islands!!) Just have to decide when best for next year, April-May or September-October???

Enjoy

S S W

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
861 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back and thanks to everyone's help before going

I have to agree it was a bit chilly last weekend !

Sorry to say its been scorching since , but I've been late April Before and its still been cold at night .

So I would recommend May or September for ideal weather.

I would however still say dont be too afraid of the summer months ,last year there were only a couple of days where I thought it was too hot as we are usually blessed with a breeze .

rgds

David

blackpool
Level Contributor
318 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back and thanks to everyone's help before going

hi there, i have been to elgouna but thinking of returning with my parents and family, would you prefer 3 corners ocean view over the rhianna, thanks

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
196 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back and thanks to everyone's help before going

We went mid-November last year and it was really hot and not chilly in the evenings at all.

Surrey
Level Contributor
976 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back and thanks to everyone's help before going

S S W - I know exactly where you are coming from. We were Greek Islands freaks before we found El Gouna, now we can't tear ourselves away. So much for never going back to the same place twice :-)

I'm sure that the Greek Islands will be back on our agenda at some stage, but we just love everything about El Gouna.......totally addicted. So pleased you enjoyed it too, I think the El Gouna fan club is growing steadily.

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got back and thanks to everyone's help before going

Hi justlovemyholidays

Yep Yep we always said we wouldn't go back to the same place twice!! But really running out of Greek Islands, off to Corfu in September, but with the Euro and the fact that you can't always guarantee it won't rain, had a couple of washouts in the past, El Gouna ticks all the right boxes for us.

Hi Crombiestone

Yes really thinking of making it our September destination next year, hubby asking any chance you can send him some fish and chips:)))

Hi thefockers

I think it would go on your own personal choice. Latzmaz loves the Rihana,others on here return to the Ocean View. The Rihana is central and on the flat for people to walk around and the rooms are no higher than 3storey but no lifts. One of the pools does have a small slide for the kids, and has the lagoon beach. We didn't venture into the Ocean View, but I did hear people on the plane saying how lovely the views are.

My own personal opinion was that the Rihana was too enclosed for us, no real dining experience and no views as the restaurants are either in the grounds with people walking past or indoors. I'm sure the Ocean View regulars can give you a more detailed account on what's on offer there.

hth

S S W

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got back and thanks to everyone's help before going

We have stayed at both the Rihana and OView, and personally we much preferred the Rihana, so much so that we are returning soon.

The pluses for Rihana is the lovely lagoon beach, nice setting. We loved the dining experience outside - very nice ambience and when we were there the food was just fab. Nice grounds and very close to the bank, bus station, shops etc. The only thing that was a minus for us was the pool - one was shut and the other was very busy, but to be honest no more than any other pool we have been to.

The OV... we didnt like the pool, the lagoon beach was no more than a postage stamp and if you had kids reckon this a pretty dangerous area. There was a very small dining area outside, and inside was very much canteen like. Not sure I liked staying in the marina area, but thats perhaps we have always stayed downtown. Of course the marina area is lovely for a stroll in the evening and of course the party nights.The plus for us was the bar and peanuts bar next door.

england
Level Contributor
462 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just got back and thanks to everyone's help before going

yep i love the rihana for pretty much the same reasons as lorraine, we prefer the downtown area to the marina and prefer the fact there is 3 pools as well as the lagoon to choose from.

i looked at Ocean view but it felt too small for me. course other people prefer the marina so i guess its all horses for courses, whichever u choose i am sure u will enjoy it

haha i always said would never go the same place twice but this will be my 8th visit to rihana, tho found a really good hotel in gran canaria which i can see becoming a regular (still not as good as el gouna but a nice change lol)

Get answers to your questions about El Gouna
Recent Conversations