We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in El Gouna

london
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in El Gouna

Hi All,

hoping to travel with my young family to El Gouna or Hurghada...

What is there to do in the evenings? Are there ample Restaurants and things to do in the evening like sharm?

thanks

Solihull
Level Contributor
187 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in El Gouna

Never been to Sharm but believe it is mainly AI? There are a number of AI hotels in EG and also a town and two marinas, the second not yet complete. There are lots of places to eat, catering for all tastes - check out the 10 best places to eat thread.

There is a free cinema, go-carts, street entertainment and the usual hotel entertainment. EG is not a lively resort with lots of clubs (thankfully) it is a fantastic place to relax where two weeks is never enough.

I'm sure the locals/regulars will be able to help; you might want to let them know the age range of your children.

Solihull
Level Contributor
187 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in El Gouna

Apologies, above, my reference to places to eat should have been - check out the 'Top 5 restaurants' thread on the top right of the forum home page under 'Top questions about El Gouna'

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in El Gouna

Hi

I've never stayed in Hurghada but I believe there are some nice hotels there. However, it's a large, well spread town with lots of hassle round the shops and restaurants I believe, but lively if that's what you want.

However, if I had a young family, I'd be more than happy to take them to El Gouna. It's safe, secure, clean, compact, quiet, friendly, there's a different nationalty restaurant for every night of your holiday, wonderful lagoons to cruise in the open air shuttle boats for £2 a week - includes the fun shuttle bus service too - vast, safe beaches with shallow, calm, warm seas the children can enjoy, kite surfers to watch, and the hotels are varied and generally of excellent quality - as is the whole resort. The marinas are full of wonderful yachts to admire whilst sat in a waterfront alfresco cafe in the sun, and there are various sea/boat trips to enjoy, as well as go karting, paint balling, horse/camel riding, and even a proper play park. The larger hotels also run childrens clubs which I know are very well regarded.

Somebody sat down and decided what makes for a good, upmarket, holiday resort and then they built El Gouna - Life as it Should Be. Try it - I don't know anyone who has been there who doesn't love it.

Cheers

london
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in El Gouna

wow...thank yoiu both!

im set!

Booking the Moevenpick tomorrow with my 2 year old boy and family.

Thanks all.

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
861 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in El Gouna

I'm an apartment owner here for 5 years and full time resident for 10 months . For me it's just the best place to live and I feel lucky that I can call El Gouna my home .There are still loads of places I haven't tried even now . I'm priveleged to say that I live here .

I'm almost certain that you will love El Gouna and become another member of the fan club .

David

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in El Gouna

El Gouna is fanstastic, were going for the 3rd time next week and stay at 3 Corners Rihana. It is the most beautiful place and the people are so friendly. I advised my friend to try El Gouna a few weeks ago.....she loved it and would never go back to Sharm!!!! Enjoy!!!!

El Gouna, Egypt
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in El Gouna

Hi, I live in El Gouna with my Husband & two kids (5&6). I truly believe it's the best place in Egypt.

My recommendations to you are:

- Don't miss the Marina festival on a Fridays.

-Try to check out the Oasis night on Wednesdays.

-Free cinema available (Sunday, Tuesday & Thursdays), it's an open air cinema where food & drinks are served during the Movie.

-Try going on a safari trip, there are different trips (Quad bikes, or spider cars) where you move around 2:00 pm, cruise the deserts & mountains, then come back by 6 or 7 pm. and there is another type where you can spend the day, have something to eat & enjoy a show. I can give you contacts if you need.

- Try Mahmya trip, It's a beoutiful island near by, where you go by boat, spend the day on the island and snorkel close to shore reefs.

-Kite surfing is a blast as well as diving, if you are booking this sort of activity where you will need to leave you child somewhere safe for a few hours, I can also recommend an international nursery in El Gouna which welcomed children 8:00 am till 5:00 pm.

-If you are interested in shopping for (bazar souvenirs), I recommend you go to Hurghada, it's a 20 minutes drive from El Gouna. Of course El Gouna limousine is available, but you can take the bus if you are willing to save some money. In Hurghada, you would problay want to go to either (Sheraton st. or El Mamsha)

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
461 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do in El Gouna

Hello,

Back to El Gouna on 29 April ... going there 2 or 2 times a year. This is a fantastic place to be, you really feel like home!

No hassle, feel safe, nice atmosphere and a beautiful setting and the plus: everyone is so friendly.

I am sure you will have a great time in El Gouna and that you will enjoy every moment.

Greetings,

Danielle

UK
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do in El Gouna

I am planning on booking a holiday for my family with three teenagers and a younger daughter in July for eight nights. Do you think it will be too hot to do anything like diving, quad biking etc? We like the heat but it would be a shame if we had to stay inside in the air con!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do in El Gouna

I agree, will not return to Sharm. We went August last year only because we couldnt get from Scotland to El Gouna and we just wanted a week in Egypt snorkelling. El Gouna just is a MILLION times better, you can walk about in the evening, totally hassle free resort, beautiful, great people, easy transport system, hotels great, gee... just no contest!

Sadly tho it looks like Thomas cook have pulled the plug on Scottish flights :-(

Get answers to your questions about El Gouna
Recent Conversations