We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Hotel wish-list

Saltburn-by-the-Sea...
Level Contributor
674 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
My Hotel wish-list

Ok, I've tried Sharm, Dahab and Makadi Bay and now wish to give El Gouna a go. There seems to be quite a good selection of hotels but I'm quite specific in what I'm looking for so if anyone can help me tick the boxes I'll be much obliged:

1. All inclusive but not too fussy about food quality or selection

2. Beach location, preferably with jetty or beach access for snorkelling

3. Swim up pool bar would be nice but not essential

4. A room that will provide 3 good standard single adult beds (not rubbishy put-u-ups) or 2 singles and sofa bed

I'm sure the most expensive ones will be out of my price range but there's some good deals at the moment so I won't rule anything out (and keep buying the lottery tickets).

Thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Hotel wish-list

Think the Rhiana fits your bill! It has a lovely lagoon beach, central position downtown, AI which we loved - but that was couple of years ago so dont know if its changed. three pools - great if you have kids. You can use Zeytona beach where there is a jetty, albeit a small charge, Buzza beach where they have AI restaurant which is part of hotel and half hour bus runs here- long walk out to the reef. However, the dive club great at the Rihana, and not expensive to do a half day snorkel trip. We have done four hotels in EG and reckon this is an all rounder. The bus station is very close if you want to buy the £2 ticket per week, which also does the sea taxi!!! Also, with AI you can do the dinaround programme - see www.elgouna.com.

Wherever you go you will be delighted and totally hooked!

Edited: 30 March 2011, 23:00
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Hotel wish-list

El Gouna is one of my favourite spots.

Here is a link to El Gouna official website. All the hotels are listed:

http://hotels.elgouna.com/default.aspx

CHEERS

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
49 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Hotel wish-list

I would give a go for the new hotels Fanadir or Mosaique, they have very good deals now, if you take a junior suite you have a double bed + sofa bed so that's perfect for 3. they are located on the marina, have a great pool with swim up bar, they are very close to the beach where you can have drinks and lunch . But the only beach good for snorkeling is Zeytouna with it's long jetty and this you can reach by bus.

They have some offers in AI with UK Tour operators or you can book them directly in BB and pay the extra AI supplement directly at the hotel.

Saltburn-by-the-Sea...
Level Contributor
674 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Hotel wish-list

Hi lorrained,

Have looked at Rhiana and am confused between the R Inn and R Resort. Is there any difference? Also, are the rooms big enough for an extra "proper" bed? I'm travelling with my sons, 16 and 17. Ideally 2 rooms would be better but we'll only be sleeping in them so it seems sensible to save some money. The Buzza beach bit - at rhe risk of sounding an alky, can you get drinks here for free? I've seen at least 1 hotel thats not on the beach so unless you're round the pool all day the AI deal isn't sensible.

Egypt-cel, you're idae of booking B&B and upgrading on arrival makes good sense. Will the prices for upgrading be available on the web sites?

Thanks to you all

england
Level Contributor
488 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Hotel wish-list

the rihanna inn and resort are one and the same place the only difference is that the rooms at the inn part are smaller and more basic (tho they do have some that interconnect)

sure someone else will be along to advise on the rest of your post

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
49 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Hotel wish-list

AI supplement is not mentioned on the website but it will be 25 euro per day per person on BB rate - depending when you plan to come. Best would be to send an email to the hotel to confirm it with your reservation.

With your 2 kids I'd rather take 2 connecting rooms rather than a suite because the sofa bed would be ok for 1 person, not 2.

Rihana is not directly on the sea side, it's beach is on the lagoon of El Gouna and you have a shuttle to the beach as lorrained mentioned.

Only 5 stars are directly on the beach, but anyhow in El Gouna you are always very close to all activities, restaurants and events.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My Hotel wish-list

We got three 'proper' beds at the Rhiana, and to be honest dont know if we were the Inn or the Resort, they all seemed the same to me.

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Hotel wish-list

Hi all

Lorrained I think the Inn rooms are the ones around the bigger quieter pool, they did have connecting rooms though. Yes you are sooooo right we are completely hooked now!!

Have just been browsing to see who do the Fanadir and Mosaique for next year and having trouble finding anyone apart from First Choice(my last choice!!) for both these hotels.

Any pointers anyone??

S S W

shrops
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: My Hotel wish-list

summersunshinewales

You can book the new hotel Mosiaque and Fanadir with thomas cook or first choice travel

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My Hotel wish-list

Just got email back from the Rihana saying they hope to meet our requirements... would like a lagoon facing room. Will just to hope they come up with the goods. Apparently after a bit of investigation we are part of the 'resort'. Out of four hotels we have visited reckon this is the best :-) Hope we feel the same after our stay!!

Get answers to your questions about El Gouna
Recent Conversations