We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Changes?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Changes?

Hi

I notice that Thomas Cook - and other tour operators - aren't featuring their usual range of hotels in El Gouna during the winter season. Anyone know why? I'd expect to see several options for that period by now, but perhaps they're cutting back on their offering because of 'their' recently declared financial situation and the recovering market of Red Sea holidays?

Appreciate any comments.

Cheers

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook Changes?

hi Wirralite

Yes been having the same probs since beginning of May!!! I soooo wanted to go to the Mosaique next March after your good review, but had terrible trouble trying to find it on any flight&hotel package. Even just booking hotel, was a big problem and then when I did was just getting ludicrous prices!!! Every time I have tried, because we need a ten night holiday due to work commitments, I have only had the choice of the Three corners and the Steinberger or Moevenpick A.I. Apparently First Choice have pulled out(who did the Mosaique) for the winter period!! Thomas Cook not showing it at all either???

Can get half board for Sultan Bey and others but we do so like our A.I. Have gone for the Panorama Bungalows, which was recommended by another T.A. poster in the end. Just looking forward to going back to El Gouna, once we got the September Corfu holiday over with!!! Terrible isn't it when you think Corfu isn't going to be as good and so not looking as forward to it as I was before we visited El Gouna!!!

S S W

Edited: 24 May 2011, 19:23
Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook Changes?

I've noticed this too. I went to the Movenpick in January with First Choice, but booking again for November and they are not doing it.

cheshire
Level Contributor
102 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook Changes?

Try booking your flight and hotel seperatley, thats what i have done this time as i couldnt get the hotel i wanted ....

booked thomascook flights direct with them and booked the Fanadir direct with them also.

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook Changes?

Yep

Tried to get the Fanadir also, but again no luck!! Tried booking independently with rooms but "no room at the inn!" It seems that the winter season is not coming up with a lot of sites, apart from the aforementioned??

Seems a strange situation as you can get Hurghada no probs??

S S W

cheshire
Level Contributor
102 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook Changes?

Hi ..have a look on BOOKING.COM they have availability for March12....

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook Changes?

Thanks for that lakeslover

I had been looking but the individual sights just do B&B, and we do so like the A.I. package. Mainly as hubby likes big breakfast at the crack of dawn(postman!!!) and I prefer late light breakfast and again through the day, he drinks a lot of soft drinks and not much lunch, me the opposite!! In fact we very rarely dine together until the evening, think sometimes people think we are two loners who have "clicked" when they see us out of an evening together: -)))

S S W

cheshire
Level Contributor
102 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook Changes?

LOL .......... Maybe its just early days, just keep looking it will all work out in the end, i actually booked direct with the fanadir and its the same website as the mosaique, they have replied to every email and they are also picking us up from the airport...... give it a try ....

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook Changes?

Hi Each

Looks like I'm going to hold fire for a while too. I know I can book independently and often do on my travels, but in this instance it's quite a lot dearer at the moment, and in the current climate I'd prefer the safety 'umbrella' of a package too - just as an added precaution.

Incidentally Holiday36 - presume you are aware Thomas Cook do the Movenpick in November? Perhaps it's just that your preferred option would have been to travel with First Choice - we all have our favourites.

In any case, I KNOW I will be returning to El Gouna this winter - nothing would stop me! Just don't know when or how or where ... yet!

Thanks for your replies. Happy holidays all!

Cheers

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook Changes?

Have been wanting to stay at Sulten Bay for years.... are there good deals from here, have never found them apart from an alternative company I havent booked with before?

Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook Changes?

Dear Holiday36 and everyone

As you are probably aware First Choice have recently announced that they will be only focussing on All Inclusive Holidays. Here at the Moevenpick we offer the option of Bed & Breakfast , Half Board and All Inclusive so that we can meet the differing requirements of our guests.

As from this Winter we have concluded (or are about to conclude) arrangements with the following companies (in alphabetical order):

Anatolian Sky, Bales Worldwide, Cadogan Holidays, Classic Collection, Discover Egypt, Holiday Place, Kuoni Holidays, LetsGo2, Longwood Holidays, Mosaic Holidays, Olympic Holidays, Peltours, Planet Holidays, Regal Dive, Thomas Cook and Voyages Jules Verne and we are in discussion with several other companies.

We also have agreements with many on-line companies as well and we hope that this information will be useful to you in your holiday planning.

John G C Wood

Get answers to your questions about El Gouna
Recent Conversations