We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Gouna Shopping?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
223 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
El Gouna Shopping?

Maybe a very silly question but what kind of shopping facilities can we expect? Boyfriend hasn't any linen trousers for eg and very unlikely we will be able to get to the shops to buy him any, plus there are bound to be things we forget or lose, like sunglasses - but he only likes luxury brands.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers

Ashleigh

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Gouna Shopping?

There are lots of shops at Schiphol and everyone here on the forum likes luxury brands too.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
456 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Gouna Shopping?

Hello,

In El Gouna, you can find shops Downtown or in the Marina, Abu Tig. Not sure if they sell linen trousers (I remember seeing a lot of shorts, jeans, shirts, T-shirts ...). You also have the option to go to Hurghada, about 20 minutes by taxi (or bus from El Gouna Donwtown) there you can find a lot of shops and shopping malls, where I am sure you will find the luxury brands (if not fake ones, take care!).

I hope this helps,

Danielle

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
223 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Gouna Shopping?

hikerLuxembourg: thanks for your response but I already know what shops there are at Schiphol. The question was about what is available in El Gouna itself.

Danielle: thanks so much, you've answered my question. We will try and go shopping before we leave as it is not my favourite thing to do. At least I know I can replace anything that we lose.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
456 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Gouna Shopping?

Hi Ashin,

I am sure you will find all you need there. Hurghada is not my kind but for shopping you can find real bargain.

The best if you go to Hurghada is to take a taxi . The company website I give you is really realiable and will know where to go to find the right shops and shopping malls. Also, this company is really cheap price wise

www.hamada-tourist-services.co.uk/index.html.

Enjoy El Gouna, you will love it! I am back on 05 Aug for the 13th time.

Greetings from Luxembourg!

Danielle

wales
Level Contributor
551 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Gouna Shopping?

Hi

There are a few more classy shops around the Marina in El Gouna and supermarkets for forgotten or lost essentials in both Downtown and Marina. If you are intending to go to Hurghada for shopping, the Senso Mall which is in the tourist part has a few designer and perfume shops, Opticians(I think) a fast food outlet and a Cinema, also a large supermarket "Spinneys" It depends if your willing to travel that far though??

hth

S S W

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
223 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Gouna Shopping?

Summersunshine: probably not willing to move from the pool! But good to know there are options for if something gets lost.

Thanks!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Gouna Shopping?

Hope you all find what you want shopping wise.

To be honest once I leave GB I dont want to see another shop, just to chll!!

8. Re: El Gouna Shopping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 23:20