We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panorama Resort.Totally confused. Lagoon view or beach bung?

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Panorama Resort.Totally confused. Lagoon view or beach bung?

We are hoping to book this resort for next March and cannot fathom out all the different types of bungalow. Some operators mention beach villas and over water villas, someone else calls them lagoon view bungalows and I can see on Google that there are some in one long line over the lagoon while others are in smaller groups in the gardens and there are also more on another part of the beach. Which is which for Heavens sake? Are 'lagoon view' bungalows the over water ones and if so which are the beach villas? Our main priority is to have a deck with sunbeds.

Now I've probably got you confused too! Please if anyone can help it would be great.

Wid

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panorama Resort.Totally confused. Lagoon view or beach bung?

Hi Wid

As a fellow Wirralian of a similar age, I'd like to be able to help you, but although I've been to El Gouna many times, I've never stayed at the Panorama Bungalows.

I would say that the thatched roof villas in a long line that you can see on Google Earth are on a bit of a thoroughfare with shuttle boats and guided tours passing by, so perhaps not very private on your deck during daylight hours. I believe the ones with the wooden roof tops in the garden are newer and more on a curve a little set back from the lagoon edge, so perhaps a bit more secluded? Sorry, don't know how either option is officially described.

If all else fails, I would say the rooms in the main hotel benefit from the evening sun the most - especially those on the top floor facing the mountains. In my experience the only hotel with full sunbeds on all their balconies is the Sheraton Miramar.

Sorry I couldn't be any further help - but at least I've bumped your thread to the top so that someone else might come to your aid!

P.S. Read you reviews of Angaga Island in the Maldives with great interest - never know which resort to choose! A great help, thank you.

Cheers♥

London
Level Contributor
414 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panorama Resort.Totally confused. Lagoon view or beach bung?

Probably best to email the hotel direct to avoid any confusion, details on attached link http://panorama-resorts.com/elgouna/

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panorama Resort.Totally confused. Lagoon view or beach bung?

Thank you both very much. I now have a travel agent on the case too but will try the e-mail.

There are a few of us Wirralite on here now. I know of one on the Maldives forum who walks her dog very near to us. Are you west or east, seaside or country, Wirralite? It would be strange if we know each other!

Wid

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Panorama Resort.Totally confused. Lagoon view or beach bung?

Hi Wid

Our paths have crossed before on TA when you were initially considering El Gouna for a holiday. Seem to remember I might meet you and recognise your pooch on West Kirby beach? We're more easterly, but sometimes take a stroll around the marine lake.

We were last in El Gouna in April when it was quiet, but nevertheless had an exceptional holiday at the Sheraton Miramar. Prices have shot up since then of course, and choices drastically reduced also. However, we hope to be back in the Spring - perhaps travelling independently this time.

Good luck with your holiday.

Cheers♥

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Panorama Resort.Totally confused. Lagoon view or beach bung?

Thanks Wirralite. Yes I think we have 'met' before on here and we have been toying with El Gouna for a while but when we looked at Egypt the first time (March 2010) we found a small-ish hotel in Nabq that had detached bungalow rooms which, having been spoilt by the Maldives, we prefer to blocks, It's the reason why we are attracted to the Panorama but the pics of El Gouna itself look fabulous. The Miramar looks stunning but will be out of our bracket I think.

Been out to Hilbre this morning with said pooch. The seals were all around, the sea was bright blue to match the sky and the sun was blazing down. Simply wonderful.

Thanks again for all your info about the Panorama. I'll keep you posted when I find anything out.

Wid

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Panorama Resort.Totally confused. Lagoon view or beach bung?

Have now had 2 e-mails bounce back from the address on the website for Panorama. Stuck again now!

Wid

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Panorama Resort.Totally confused. Lagoon view or beach bung?

Hi Wid

We too are going to the Panorama bungalows in March and were also baffled to what would be the best as we wanted the more secluded ones, mainly facing the sun most of the day, as it gets dark about 5pm in March. I therefore paid the top price on the site as I think they would be the ones.

I e-mailed the hotel on the following link and stated what I wanted and got a few replies from them, I told them I would be E-mailing them again before we leave to try to get the bungalow we require.

They were very prompt with their replies, though not quite sure if I am any clearer, however send them an E mail and let me know if you get a better understanding than me!!!

hth

S S W

gm@panorama-elgouna.com

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Panorama Resort.Totally confused. Lagoon view or beach bung?

Thank you so much, s s w. That is a completely different address from the one I got from their website. I will give it a try and hopefully find something out. Like you we want sun for as much of the day as poss plus privacy. I also want to double check that there are sunbeds on the deck. I read somewhere on here that there are some on the 'beach' villas (?!) The most expensive rooms looked to me as if they were bigger and aimed at families but it's difficult to say for sure.

As far as the dark at 5pm issue, you could always do as we do and put your watches forward by 1 hour to make the day seem a bit more normal. Just remember to put it back again the night before returning home!

I'll let you know if I find out anything new about the rooms. Are you North or South Wales?

Thanks again

Wid

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Panorama Resort.Totally confused. Lagoon view or beach bung?

Hi wid

I am a North Walian. May try the 1hour ahead trick, though last March it was unusually cold and blustery for the first week so it was much the same as being at home!!

Hope you get some good feedback, as I said they were very prompt with replying to me.

S S W

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Panorama Resort.Totally confused. Lagoon view or beach bung?

You are not too far from the Wirral, then!

Blustery I can cope with as long as the sun's shining! We had a few windy days when we went to Egypt in March 2010 but it was still lovely and hot in the sun. We needed a cover up in the evenings though as it was a bit chilly - don't mind that though.

I am going to e-mail the Panorama now so will let you know anything new.

Wid

Get answers to your questions about El Gouna
Recent Conversations