We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puddleducks Restaurant

West Midlands
Level Contributor
189 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Puddleducks Restaurant

Please would someone advise where in El Gouna Puddleducks is located? We went a few times when it was located in Luxor, and would dearly like to visit again now its in El Gouna. We are staying at The Three Corners Ocean View hotel, so directions from there please. It will be our first time in El Gouna. Thank you.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
581 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puddleducks Restaurant

It is in the 'Kafr" part of Downtown close to the Irish Bar. It is a pedestrianised area.

Your best bet from your hotel would be to get a tok-tok or taxi (only 5 mins) who would drop you very close to it. Alternatively the shuttle bus would take you to the bus station Downtown and it would be about a 5 minute walk from there. A bit difficult to explain if you have never been to EL Gouna before - but here goes - you would need to cross the road towards "Bestway" supermarket then walk past Bestway and straight through Tamr Henna square, bear left and then across the small bridge/canal and at the end turn right - keep going and you will see Puddleducks on your right - they have big signs outside!

If you were to walk from your hotel it would be about 30 minutes.

Good luck and I am sure you will enjoy!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
581 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puddleducks Restaurant

you can also find it on

www.elgounamap.com

a great interactive map

West Midlands
Level Contributor
189 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puddleducks Restaurant

Thank you for the directions! We have just returned from El Gouna and visited Puddleducks, and once again we had delicious food in a wonderful setting. I have reviewed it on 'restaurants' thread. :D

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,734 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puddleducks Restaurant

Goodness, yet another venue to try in El Gouna. Had researched Luxor and knew about this restaurant, but didn't get there yet, so I'm delighted to find it has transferred to El Gouna with it's already outstanding reputation and I can't wait to try it, as well as revisiting my personal favourites, in the Spring, Inshallah!

Cheers ❤️

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
581 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puddleducks Restaurant

Glad you found it and enjoyed it - we just arrived last night and will be there again by the weekend!

Weather really nice!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puddleducks Restaurant

Just to say I really miss Puddleduck, in Luxor. We came out of Topnet Internet the other night, walked across the road and found ourselves staring at a military vehicle instead of the Puddleduck sign!

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puddleducks Restaurant

Is this a new place ? We've been to EG plenty of times and never seen it.

From the directions it sounds like it's near the SandBar & BierGarten ? We saw they were doing up a property near there the last time we visted (November)

What kind of food is it please ? Back in May and might have to visit :0)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
581 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puddleducks Restaurant

Correct - was sand bar.

Generally English style food - well executed and no chips - but lovely vegetables and 3 choices of potato - menu changes frequently with something that should suit all tastes - examples - seafood, steak, lamb, chicken and some oriental choices like sweet and sour prawns and steak pie makes an appearance from time to time - some examples of starters are pate, prawn cocktail, soup, sea bass goujons (a favourite of mine), garlic mushrooms - but leave room for desert especially the cheesecake! Sunday lunch also. Give it a try and I am sure you will not be sorry! Great reviews on trip advisor and it is now the well deserved number 1 restaurant in El Gouna.

9. Re: Puddleducks Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about El Gouna