We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking around El Gouna

Barnsley
Level Contributor
222 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Walking around El Gouna

Hi

We are going to El Gouna for the first time in September and staying at the Three Corners Ocean View - jut wanted to ask if it is possible/easy to walk from here to Downtown? I thought it maybe wasn't but looking at a map it looks OK? We do like a wander round and the husband is a postie so walking doesn't bother him how far it is and I just tend to hang on and keep up!

Thanks

Jackie x

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking around El Gouna

We walked to Downtown from TCOV on a couple of occasions. During daylight hours only and then we had a tuk tuk back., I too like a walk but my husband is not so keen! So we compromised by only walking one way. The cost of a tuk tuk is only the equivalent of £1 sterling in any case.

The walk itself took around 40 minutes from memory but we were only strolling and stopping to look at stuff. We also walked via the beaches and bays but we would be hard pressed to find the same route again! We just kept going...............

The first time we went to the Three Corners, we did the orientation walk with Bob one of the animators. He walked us to Downtown by a more direct route which we had completely forgotten when we went back a year later.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking around El Gouna

It's no problem to walk the distance - just the heat you have to consider in September!

Hard to explain, but if you look at the map you'll see a main road option from the TCOV out of the marina which the shuttle bus follows and would be a good half an hour I'd say. However, there is a route across the bottom of the Nubian villas lagoon and the Italian compound lagoon, which brings you to the Rihanna Hotel. And then it's just a straight road into Downtown. Take about 20 minutes this way I'd say, but wear a sunhat!

Hope you have a fantastic holiday - it's such a lovely resort!

Cheers ♥️

Edited: 26 April 2014, 15:53
Barnsley
Level Contributor
222 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking around El Gouna

Thanks for that....heat doesn't bother us much....hats and a bottle of water usually does the trick. Wander round and stop for a snack and a drink. I will try to persuade him to try a Tuk tuk. he usually thinks getting a taxi back is for wimps!!

jackie

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking around El Gouna

Actually, it takes me all my courage to get into a tuk tuk - they are so zippy and the drivers fearless! Definitely not wimpy - more of a thrill, so do give it a go.

Cheers ♥️

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking around El Gouna

If you want to get your bearings in El Gouna I can highly recommend the Segway tour. Their office is only a couple of hundred yards from your hotel.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking around El Gouna

We also used the short cut thro the grounds of the Rhianna hotel. From the TCOV, sticking to the main road, you'll past the Turtles Inn hotel and continue across two road junctions. The South Marina Compound will be on the right as you carry on to what (from memory) I think is a dead end with the hotel's side entrance on the left and the open ground of Go Karts on the right. It's a pleasant walk despite the main road for most of the way.

Barnsley
Level Contributor
222 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking around El Gouna

Thanks all....I think we will be exploring on foot and in a tuk tuk

Jackie x

London, United...
Level Contributor
331 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking around El Gouna

We are there in sep too... first time to el gounda... staying at tcov too!!!

Surrey
Level Contributor
976 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking around El Gouna

Another possibility for the El Gouna addicted club then! We always said we would never go to the same place twice, but fell in love with El Gouna over 10 years ago - and have lost count of how many times we've been there since - got to be over 20 now! We have been elsewhere in between but always return because we love it soooo much.

Enjoy :-)

lancs
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Walking around El Gouna

Are there many restaurants near Three corners ocean view? Is it possible to walk around without any hassle? Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about El Gouna
Recent Conversations