We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excel airways.

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
u.k
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
excel airways.

I am travelling to Hurghada from Gatwick with excel although i booked the holiday with my travel.I have read awful reports about excel and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has used their services.

warrington
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excel airways.

we flew to hurghada last year with excel and found it to be just your normal charter flight. the flights were both on time and the legroom was typical of all charter flights(none existent). i think most times when you see bad reviews it is normally because of a delay which happens sometimes but they seemed no better or worse than anyone else

Northampton, England
Level Contributor
123 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: excel airways.

We flew XL last September, short delay both ends but nothing bad, crew not happy (they hate it cause its the furthest they fly without getting a lay over at the destination) both aircraft appeared to be quite old with no onboard entertainment, so take your mp3 just in case thats typical, came back in a 747 on which my seat wouldn't stay upright, it inclined just leaning on it, having said all that it was cheap, got us there and back safely and it is only 5 hours each way. If you're prepared for the worst you may just be surprised.

Britain
Level Contributor
141 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: excel airways.

hi, excel not too bad went from manchester same as most cheap airlines really

York, UK
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: excel airways.

Agree with cat99, went with excel in february.

I read the same reports as you and find it pathetic that people fly from Manchester to Majorca and complain!

Planes IMO are to get from A to B - if you want first class facilities, pay for it!!

Delays are a different thing, and as far as I'm aware, out of the control of the airline most of the time. So maybe a lot of complaints re: delays with Excel are misdirected?

Anyway, Excel were fine. Just your average low-cost airline

Enjoy your hols

5. Re: excel airways.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada