We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1001 nights Alf leila wa leila

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
1001 nights Alf leila wa leila

Just back had a great time!!! Any questions??

UK
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1001 nights Alf leila wa leila

Hope you had a nice one!

I was going to go and see the show lights and dinner show at Alief Laila, but I heard the show is quite tacky and not all that. I was also told that the shows are more focused on Russian customers preferences.

Could you shed some light on the show please.

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1001 nights Alf leila wa leila

hi honeymoonpair

Yea had a brill time thanx!

Would depend on how much they charge you to go and see the show as it was included on our all.inc.

The actual sound and light show was very good as it is set in a big arena which is sectioned off for different languages and tells the history of egypt with horse riders doing stunts. They have the sphinx,karnak,luxor etc.. built on a very large scale and it goes through the history lighting up each one individually and concludes with a big water fountain lighting up to music, which is very impressive and the whole show lasts for about 50mins.

However the second half which is in the big tent after is rather tacky and amatuerish the dancers are not very good (perhaps the man with the dancing skirt being the best!!) and yes some of the other nationalities where whooping to the belly dancer strutting her stuff which went on and on and on!!!! That also lasts about 50mins!!

If their not charging a fortune I would recommend just going to see the first show and then having a drink after or looking round the museum which is next to it or just looking round the hotel as it is very big!!

Hope this helps

S S W

UK
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1001 nights Alf leila wa leila

Hi,

Good to hear you had a great holiday.

We came back ourselves and had an extremly good time ourselves.

Thanks for the info on the show. I kind of heard the same thing from our tour rep as well.

4. Re: 1001 nights Alf leila wa leila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2010, 05:17