We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back.......happy to help answer any questions

portsmouth
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
just back.......happy to help answer any questions

just got back from a 2 week stay in the sunrise mamlouk palace hotel

flew with thomas cook and used the facilities in this hotel and the sister hotel next door, sunrise garden beach

if anyone has any questions that they need answering or advice please feel free to ask and ill help you out the best i can

cirencester
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: just back.......happy to help answer any questions

hi kim

glad you enjoyed your hols we are staying at jungle aqua park on friday , what is hurghada like ? is there lots 2 do , and what about the mossies .

thanks queen

Leeds
Level Contributor
187 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just back.......happy to help answer any questions

Any advice on shopping - any Egyptian cotton available?

Many thanks

Belfast
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just back.......happy to help answer any questions

I am travelling with TC to the sunrise malmouk in september - can't wait!!

Is the upgrade to ultra all inclusive automatic?

After some dodgy reviews regarding the hotel I did get slightly nervous. Is the hotel as good as we all hope it is?

Glad you had a good time :)

Thanks

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just back.......happy to help answer any questions

a friend and I are doing an organised tour doing Cairo, the Nile and Jordan. We're thinking about spending a couple of days in the Red Sea area on our own. Are there any issues you can think of about safety (we're in our early 30's and the husbands are a bit worried!)

england
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just back.......happy to help answer any questions

hi ya Kim,

how was your holiday did u enjoy it ?? just a couple of questions on your thomas cook flight did u get entertainment because i hve been informed they are stopping it and another quickie we hve stayed next door at garden beach a couple of years ago how did you find booking the ala carte resturants because to be hones we wont be eating that much in the buffet in the evenings many thanks in advance!!!

portsmouth
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just back.......happy to help answer any questions

queen....mossies for me werent a problem for me i didnt get bit at all but my mum had a few bites. in hurgarda there isnt a lot to do unless you go out on day trips.

sallysally......plenty of shopping but you will need to go to hurgarda town centre for the best shops as all the local ones offer the same souveniers. you will get hasselled in every shop you go in as its their way of life. always haggle on the price, what ever price they tell you half it.

goatboy.......in my opinion hotel was fab and and looking to go back in oct/nov time. ultra all inclusive is automatic but you dont get the free massage any more instead you get 15euros of a treatment. also it states you get some imported drinks, i didnt see any while i was there but that didnt bother me as their own was just as good. dont let the negative reviews worry you its a top hotel.

samson.....the red sea is a very safe place just use common sense not to go off with people. also shop owners also try to get you in the shop and close the door behind you dont panic they all generally do it. we were 2 females and had no problem.

princess......yes we did have enterainment both ways. i travel a lot with thomas cook and havent heard of this. on our way home we were delayed by 3 hours due to a technical fault at gatwick so on our flight home we only had about 3 channels due to the fault. a la cartes were resonably ok to book. had a 2 day wait on the mexican and a day wait on the rest. we didnt find the buffet to bad if you left it till about 8pm or went in first thing at 7pm. russians and germans are very rude, they majority out weigh the minority of nice.

if anyone has anymore questions please feel free to ask and i will do my best to advise you on it

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just back.......happy to help answer any questions

Thanks Kim your input is greatly welcomed I hope you enjoyed the Sunrise Mamlouk and the Garden Beach two of the best hotels in Hurghada all the best.

Paddy

uk
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just back.......happy to help answer any questions

Hi

Glad you had a good time.

What currency would u recommend taking?

Did you book any trips? If so where did you go and what did they cost?

portsmouth
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just back.......happy to help answer any questions

We only took Egyptian pounds with us but it would be a good idea if you took some US dollars with you as some of the shops is priced in US dollars.

We did the shop n rock trip- £16, the day trip to luxor- £65 and the boat trip to mahmaya island- £50.

You can get these trips cheaper from the people on the beach but they don't offer the same as what we got. Book with your rep!

Also your better of getting your Egyptian money out there as the exchange rate is a lot better

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just back.......happy to help answer any questions

Message for Samson77 you should not have any problems if you are staying at one of the major hotel groups in Hurghada (Those Hotels used by Thomas Cook and Thomson Holidays) travel to and from the Red Sea can be a bit patchy depending on where you are traveling from but in most case is possible I think you will find the culture of Hurghada very laid back in most cases I hope you have a great holiday all the best.

Paddy