We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive or Bed & Breakfast?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive or Bed & Breakfast?

Hi; 2 questions if people can help :

1. Sharm El Sheikh or Hurghada (or elsewhere in Egypt) beginning of August

2. Cheaper to go B&B or All Inclusive.

Little about us :

Couple who like the 'nicer more private exclusive hotels' (away from the kids etc (sorry!); BUT want to be near the main shops/restaurents - say 30minute walk in the evening would be fine - so we can try a different restaurent everynight for a week stay.

How type of hotels are the Gran Melonaras Lopesan in Gran Canaria / Sheraton in Tenerife etc, etc.

Money is not an issue but we want a nice hotel with the little extras BUT not so exclusive we are tied to the hotel for the whole week.

Any help will get my girlfriend of my back for not booking the holiday yet!!!!

Thanks in advance.

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive or Bed & Breakfast?

Hi 1BALOO

This question has just recently been asked on the Sharm forum(3rd July) and the replies are divided. In your case, where money is not an issue, then I (as an avid supporter of Al inc.) would suggest B&B!!! All Inc. Hotels are going to have a lot of Kids during August and Hurghada is a favourite of the German/Russian clientele who also generally favour the A.I. Hotels. Is it the dining experience or the shopping experience you prefer? Have you looked at El Gouna which has a dine around system? Or perhaps post your question on the Sharm Forum.

Hope you get your act together soon before the girlfriend realises you aint booked yet!!!!!!

S S W

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive or Bed & Breakfast?

Hi if you are looking for a more secluded resort and money is not a problem then I would advise either Makadi Bay to the south of Hurghada or El Gouna to the North of hurghada both are excellent resorts and offer every type of hotel package I have posted the web site for el gouna at the bottom of this post all the best.

Paddy

www.elgouna.com

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive or Bed & Breakfast?

Sunshine',

We prefer to able to do what we want when we want and wonder around shops and bars and find different restaurents. We are a liitle concerned about the standard of cooking OUTSIDE the hotel?

Gonna look at El Gouna which we never even considered....thanks for the.

BALOO

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive or Bed & Breakfast?

Paddy,

Nice one...gonna look at El Gouna and see what it holds for us.....will post my choice here!

Thanks again.

1Baloo

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive or Bed & Breakfast?

I think that El Gouna will be better for you as there is plenty of variation when it comes to eating out and most hotels there are involved in a dine around programme that allows you to use other hotels dining facilities all the best.

Paddy

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive or Bed & Breakfast?

Paddy,

Booked SIVA GRAND BEACH HOTEL in HURGHADA....girlfriend liked the pool!!

Thanks for your help Big Guy.

1Baloo

Bootle
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive or Bed & Breakfast?

Hi,

We went to el -gouna last year and found it to be fab... very nice place lovely location and yes the dine around programme.... there are some photos on my review of el gouna..... any questions you have about the place please feel free to message me.

also look on the website

www.elgouna.com

its got all the info you need....

hope you have a fab holiday.

Johanna cook

Edited: 21 July 2010, 12:35
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusive or Bed & Breakfast?

Cheers Johanna!

9. Re: All Inclusive or Bed & Breakfast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 05:16