We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dress code for ladies

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
dress code for ladies

3 weeks to go til we go away, girlfriend is worried about the dress code for ladies, staying at sunrise holiday resort.

Can anyone help at set her mind at ease?

Any difference between in hotel and outside of resort?

Many Thanks

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: dress code for ladies

My wife had the same concern and you can tell your wife she has nothing to worry about. There was no problem at all for her and she had a great time as I am sure you will.

Billy

wales
Level Contributor
551 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dress code for ladies

Hi mcwright1980

Havent stayed at the SHR but in most Egyptian hotels the dress in the day is as you would anywhere although topless sunbathing(ladies obviously!!!) is a definite NO NO!! Cover up for inside dining in the day,sundress or shorts/t shirt ladies and no bare chests for men. Of an evening smart casual dining in the hotel and most request long trousers for men although a lot of men do wear 3/4 length it depends on the hotel.

Walking around the resorts' shopping area I usually dress as I would in summer here for town shopping, cool and comfortable and slightly conservative.

If you do intend to visit any historical sites(luxor, valley of the kings etc.) then no bare arms for ladies and 3/4 or long cool comfortable trousers for men and women. Its not the golden rule, however, it does show respect to their culture, and the less one covers up when visiting these areas the more stares received by the locals. Wear old comfortable shoes or trainers as it is a long hot day, very dusty and sandy and uncovered feet get very dirty!!

Enjoy your holiday

S S W

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dress code for ladies

The dress code article written by Marlscat, a Luxor DE, may be helpful:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i20276-Dress_Co…

4. Re: dress code for ladies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2011, 06:18