We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visit

Hello - I am staying at the Titanic Beach in Hurguarda next July and want to visit the pyrimids in Cairo. Can someone tell me how easy it is to get to Cairo, is it better to fly or get the bus and how much will it cost for both options.

Also - is they any other suggestions for amazing places to visit. THANKS

Edited: 12 October 2010, 13:58
Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit

Hello there and welcome to the Hurghada forum Cairo is some distance from Hurghada and although it is possible to get there by air this can work out expensive and the airport is still some distance from the Pyramids, however it is worth a visit to Cairo if only to see the Pyramids of Giza and the Cairo Museum as for the Titanic Beach this is located in southern Hurghada in the area better known as Sahl Hasheesh Road, although this is some distance from the city centre you will find there are a couple of ways of getting in to the main part of Hurghada firstly there is the Taxi service that is inexpensive and will drop you where you want to go secondly there is the micro bus (Service no 6) from your part of the town that will bring you directly into Sekalla one of the main tourist districts of Hurghada the cost of the micro bus is very cheap working out at around 5 Le that is around 50 British pence if you require any further information feel free to contact me at anytime all the best.

Paddy

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit

Thank you for the info. I believe there is an overnight sleeper that you can take into Cairo, Have you heard of this? Are there any sights to see in the Hurghada area?

Also how different are the two Titanic Beach hotels? I am still confused about which one I am staying in, although neither seem too bad, it is probably the Primosol Titanic. Is it ok or should I try and get moved to the other one?

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit

There is no rail service from Hurghada to Cairo for the overnight sleeper service you would have to go to Luxor there is a regular night coach service that operates to and from Hurghada as for the Titanic Hotels if you are staying at the Titanic Beach this is in Sahl Hasheesh Road and is an excellent hotel

As for sights in Hurghada this is a living Arabic city although the Marina is worth a visit and Gifton Island most people come to this resort to sit on the beach swim and dive on the coral if you need any further information feel free to contact me all the best.

Paddy

4. Re: Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 05:15