We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Flight Gatwick to Hurghda

Newbury
Level Contributor
195 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Flight Gatwick to Hurghda

Can anyone let me know about the set up of Thomas Cook Flight from Gatwick to Hurghada - is the seat configuration 3 4 3 and will there be any form of entertainment on board?

We were lucky with Thomson last year as we had seat back entertainment.

We fly on 30th august to the Sunrise Holidays Resort

Many thanks

Linda

glasgow
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook Flight Gatwick to Hurghda

Not sure about the seat set up but I flew with thomas cook earlier on in the year and was told there is no longer any inflight entertainment on any flights under 7 hours long.

Newbury
Level Contributor
195 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook Flight Gatwick to Hurghda

Good job that I have an iPad then, I will take it and watch a couple films on there :-)

england
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook Flight Gatwick to Hurghda

The thomas Cook flight to Hurghada is now using the aircraft 757 which is 3-3 they use to use the airbus330 but due to lack of demand this year for Egypt they have put a smaller aircraft in operation ,also you can hire a psp for a charge and they have downloaded films onto them but to be honest there isnt many to go around so your best sticking to your ipad or portable dvd player....

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook Flight Gatwick to Hurghda

Princessrhy is right it is 757 with a 3/3 confirguration, not really comfy for a 5 & half hour flight but what can we do?, we are going in September.

have a great holiday

Mazy

romford
Level Contributor
4,463 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook Flight Gatwick to Hurghda

Hi princessrhy,

I'm sure I actually read on Holiday Truths last week that Thomas Cook are no longer hiring psp's on their flights.

Regards,

Pat

england
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook Flight Gatwick to Hurghda

Really pat,well I know they was but to be honest I think they are a waste of time anyway just another way to make money from us travellers and I know they didnt have many of them anyway to go round so must have realized they wasnt going to make the money they thought they would iam sticking to our portable dvd player....

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook Flight Gatwick to Hurghda

The PSP hiring has stopped on most airlines and I can confirm the TC are operating a boeing 757 200 series aircraft on the route this is 3-3 configuration as for them using any larger aircraft currently this is not possible as the A330s they were using on the Gatwick route are now being used on their US and Canada routes all the best

Paddy

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook Flight Gatwick to Hurghda

Hey, bumping this thread as I am flying out in June with Thomas Cook and while im looking at pre booking the seats I see a 3 - 3 - 3 plan. Does that mean they are using the larger A330s again?

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook Flight Gatwick to Hurghda

if you are flying from Manchester they are intending to use the Boeing 767 currently they are using the Boeing 757-200 out of Gatwick but will check to see if this is to change

Paddy

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook Flight Gatwick to Hurghda

Hi Simon,

Can confirm the Friday flight out of Gatwick does operate on the A330 so you will get the better seat pitch and even the possibility of some in flight entertainment!!!