We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What food is available on Thomas Cook flight?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
What food is available on Thomas Cook flight?

Hi. We are travelling back (to LGW) from Hurghada on Thomas Cook (travelling out with Easyjet) and wondering whether we should pay out the money for a booked meal.

Can anybody tell me what meals/snacks are available to buy onboard and whether there is any problem with availability?

It's a long flight for the kids to survive without any food ... but they might not want to eat whatever is being offered if we prebook the meal at £7.50 a head!

Any recent experiences welcome. Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: What food is available on Thomas Cook flight?

I never bother, just take some snacks on board with you, its only 5 and a bit hours.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: What food is available on Thomas Cook flight?

I wouldn't be bothered if it was just us ... but kids don't see it quite that way and one of our children can get rather grumpy/difficult if suffering from hunger ... so I have to be prepared! I will take some snacks anyway but not sure what we'll be able to get hold of beforehand.

Not worried about the journey out with Easyjet as we will take some things from home.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: What food is available on Thomas Cook flight?

It might help you to know that there are several cafes and fast food outlets in the excellent departures lounge at the airport.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: What food is available on Thomas Cook flight?

That is useful to know. Thanks. Sometimes there is very little available at these airports. I have been caught out before thinking we'd have something decent to eat before we get on the plane only to find that there wasn't much available! We will have had a good lunch before leaving the hotel but don't arrive home til very late evening so they'll need something to keep them going ...

If I knew what it was I wouldn't mind paying the money to prebook the TC meal ... but it could be anything and if there is the option of choosing something onboard at the time that may work better ... but have also been caught out there before and found that there was nothing left by the time they got to serving us! Can't win!

norfolk
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: What food is available on Thomas Cook flight?

If I can remember rightly it was chicken, mash and some veg for the main meal +bread roll and butter, cracker and cheese and a tiny brownie + tea,coffee or soft drink. It certainly wasn't memorable and not really worth the money. How about making some rolls etc at breakfast and some fruit or pastries: I always take some emergency supplies incase of delays.

Cleveland u.k
Level Contributor
282 posts
82 reviews
6. Re: What food is available on Thomas Cook flight?

I always find them value for money and take away a good 45 minutes worth of no entertainment! It depends on what time the flight is 3 am - 11 am cooked breakfast with orange juice and cake tea coffee - 11am-6pm dinner menu is usually chicken diced potatoes and veg and a pudding of some sort (we had a Gui fruit lemon mouse in december i now buy them from the shop they are delicious) 6pm-3am super menu we had curry and rice it was very nice pudding and tea coffee (in August last year) (we had the christmas menu on flight home in december as it was 24th) I think for 7.50 a head it is well worth the money as a snack and a coffee on the plane will cost more!

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
99 reviews
7. Re: What food is available on Thomas Cook flight?

It may depend where you are flying into but the TC Manchester flight is always sausage and mash which is ok ish and just about worth the cost, The planes also have a selection of hot meals to buy on board but as you have said yourself these can run out, as others have said there is plenty of places in Hughada airport to by food but like all airports it is not cheap and of course it is at the start of your 6 hour flight and you may have recently eaten in your hotel. you can view the full menu on TC flights in there magazine ink-live.com/emagazines/thomas-cook-travel-m… to view the magazine you have to register but this is free and you can then view the mag as often as you like all the food and drink on board and all of the duty free is priced in the mag.

Hope this helps.

John

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
294 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: What food is available on Thomas Cook flight?

tc have spare meals on board to buy so if you dont need to book if your not sure

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
294 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: What food is available on Thomas Cook flight?

didnt know you could view the mag john thats a big help for next year

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: What food is available on Thomas Cook flight?

Thanks everyone for the replies ... very helpful. WIll take a look at the magazine John, cheers.

A week and we'll be there! Can't wait!