We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies only holiday

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hampshire UK
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ladies only holiday

I am thinking of going to Hurghada next year with 3 female friends as 2 of us are celebrating our 50th birthdays. Can anyone recommend a good all inclusive hotel that won't be full of couples or families. We just want somewhere to chill with a few cocktails and some nice food, preferably a couple of a la cartes as well as a buffet.

We love the look of the Premier Le Reve but as it's advertised as an adults/couples only we're wondering if we'd feel odd being there.

Thanks....

wales
Level Contributor
551 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ladies only holiday

HI

Have you considered El Gouna for your ladies chillax?? I am in my early 50's and whereas I have been to hurghada and thoroughly enjoyed it, I found the relaxed atmsphere of El Gouna more suitable, with hassle free shopping, an abundance of Restaurants/Bars, and a perfectly safe enviroment which gave me no hesitation in walking out on my own without hubby. Also It's only a few miles from Hurghada, so you have the best of both worlds if you really want to visit Hurghada.

hth

S S W

hampshire UK
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ladies only holiday

I had forgotten about El Gouna, thanks for the reminder. I will look into it. I know there are plenty of restaurants and bars but we'd still like All Inclusive....can anyone recommend a good one in El Gouna?

Thanks...

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,471 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ladies only holiday

Hi karrie I think you will find the vast majority of hotels in and around Hurghada will have couples and families on holiday but they will also have groups of friends so I think you and your friends can happily go to just about any hotel and would not feel odd, as the poster has said above take a look at el gouna there are a few good al inclusive hotels there and the advantage of a downtown area and marina if you want to venture outside of the hotel, The hotel you have mentioned PLR is also very good the only downside is its location in Sahl Hasheesh currently more like a building site but it will become when finished one of the best resorts in Egypt, Also take a look at Makadi bay there you will find the best beaches and a choice of some great resort hotels larger than most of the other resorts and most of them right on the beach, most also have al a cart restaurants and some have many al a cart restaurants.

Hope this helps.

John

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ladies only holiday

Hi Karrie

I have just come back from two weeks at the Premier Le Reve. I went with a female friend and I was concerned before we went that we would be considered a "couple" which we are not! However, I need not have worried. There were plenty of other couples of the same sex who were also just friends. There were also several families with older children. The minimum age at this hotel is 16.

Thomson are pushing the Couples concept which I feel is a mistake. Adults only would be a much better label as it does not deter people like us who just wish to travel with a friend.

The PLR is a wonderful hotel. This was my 2nd visit. The first time I went with my husband back in January when the hotel was in Thomson a la carte brochure. Nothing has changed except there are tacky labels on everything such as the towels, saying Couples.

It is true as John says. The hotel is isolated and surrounded by half finished hotels. However, if you just want to fly and flop and be pampered, the PLR is the way to go.

Kinds regards

Patricia

wales
Level Contributor
551 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ladies only holiday

Hi

Three Corners Ocean View seems to be a favourite, haven't stayed their myself but it gets good write ups. We've booked to Panorama bungalows for next March, which gets good and bad reviews so its up to the individual. You've also got the Movenpick at the other end of the scale, depends how much you want to spend?? Then you've got the Rihana Resort/Inn which is central to Downtown and the Marina.

Hope you find what your looking for

S S W

6. Re: Ladies only holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 October 2011, 17:05
London
Level Contributor
412 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ladies only holiday

Definitely consider El Gouna, plenty to see, plenty to do and perfectly safe to wander around. Lots of single ladies actually live in El Gouna and love it. As suggested above, Ocean View looks nice and is in a good position. Alternatively you could try one of the new smaller hotels in the New Marina (which adjoins the old marina) Its much quieter in the new marina, but just a very short walk to all the restaurants of the older marina. Think Mosaique Hotel is getting some good reviews and offers all inclusive, so perhaps try that. Have a look at the separate forum for El Gouna and the page showing the hotel reviews

Edited: 11 October 2011, 19:50
8. Re: Ladies only holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 05:15