We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Egypt - do we need any jabs ???

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Egypt - do we need any jabs ???

Hi,

Going to PLR on September 30th. Never been to Egypt before although have travelled to North Africa many years ago. Are jabs advisable ??

Cheers

Brendan

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Egypt - do we need any jabs ???

Advisable ? Yep. Mandatory ? No. Your doctor can advise on the up to date requirements.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Egypt - do we need any jabs ???

I'm off to the dr tomorrow for mine. The recommended ones are all free so that's a bonus.

romford
Level Contributor
4,466 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Egypt - do we need any jabs ???

As said above the jabs are not compulsory, but might be worth mentioning (God forbid) should you required any medical treatment while out there, your insurance may be invalidated if you don't have the jabs.

Regards,

Pat

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Egypt - do we need any jabs ???

Thanks for the help and good advise, decided to have the jabs.

Cheers

Brendan

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Egypt - do we need any jabs ???

Had mine yesterday, i'm not a wimp by no means but I do have sore arms today! Worth it though - just 8wks to wait and egypt here we go!

6. Re: First time to Egypt - do we need any jabs ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 14:15