We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with decision making!!

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South East
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help with decision making!!

I am looking to book to go to Hurguarda (first time) on 11th Oct.

The accomodation I have narrowed it down to are:

Sunrise Holidays Resort

Fort Arabesque

Sunrise Mamlouk

Sunrise Garden Beach

Prices are pretty much similar with sunrise holidays being cheapest.

These are the things that are important to us:

Fairly nice food, with the ability to have an a la carte option

Being able to go out of the resort if safe and possible

Nice accomodation with air con and a balcony

Nice beach with schnorkelling

Bars to go to in the evening

Can you please let me know which we should go for!

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with decision making!!

All, of the hotels you mention are good hotels Fort Arabesque is not in Hurghada it is in Makadi bay and does not have the same standard of al a cart's that the Sunrise hotels have Sunrise Mamlouk and Sunrise Garden Beach are next door to each other and you can use the facilities of both so I would go for one of them just pick the cheapest as they are both as good as each other.

John

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with decision making!!

Sunrise Holiday Resort is the closest to town, within walking distance. Perfectly safe to go out of the Hotel and wander around.

england
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with decision making!!

If I had a choice it would be the Garden Beach or Mamlouk these hotels really know how to treat their guests not like others they are only a short ride away from the Marina and Hurghada and if you fancy a walk at night just across the road is a load of shops and five minutes up the road is the Senzo Mail,if I was you I would pick the hotel that is cheapest out of the two hotels because to be honest its like being in one massive one anyway let us know your decision...

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with decision making!!

My husband and I have just returned after 2 weeks at the sunrise holidays resort, we had a good time but based on your requirements this hotel is not for you ; rooms are very tired,renovations are taking place as we speek, pool is very small in ratio to size of hotel, only 1 a la carte open, only 1 evening bar open which is outside by pool where the 'entertaiment' takes place closes bang on 11pm, 1 bar in hotel opens at 11pm with all inclusive drinks till 12 then you pay!! lobby bar open till 12 all inc then pay for drinks but service is painfully slow! seawater lagoon is lovely and good to snorkel but hotel has no coral reef snorkeling is average. out side hotel there is 1 bar within 5 mins walk with free wifi, nice folks (wifi in hotel is £45 per week or £4.50 per hour which has to be used in 1 go) other bars are walkable but the hassle from shopkeepers is dreadfull.

We had a great holiday but wont return to this particular sunrise maybe mamlouk for us in may, hope this helps, good luck and happy hols!!!

ps. Have used Sunrise hotels befor and have to say as a brand they do provide excellant sevice and spotlessly clean hotels, I think Thomas cooks should adust the star rating for the Holidays Resort as I dont feel it deserves 4 stars!!

Edited: 22 September 2011, 21:03
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with decision making!!

The only one Fort Arabesque really fits is the beach and snorkelling. I'd look maybe at the Mamlouk.

Edited: 22 September 2011, 21:46
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with decision making!!

Depends on what you are looking for. We like El Gouna, around 30 mins from Hurghada airport, its a hassle free resort built on lovely blue lagoons, very pretty and our favourite holiday destination!

7. Re: Help with decision making!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada