We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Royale Abu Soma

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,786 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Royale Abu Soma

Hi all

Having trouble finding out much info about this place so after some help..

Brochure says that the reef is 500m off shore - how do you get to it? Does this mean that the snorkelling off the beach is not up to much?

Beachfront sea view room - anyone have anymore info on this as can't see anything about it on their website? Are they directly on the beach?

And if anyone has any other comments that would be great :)

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Royale Abu Soma

Not a lot but give me a couple of days and I will check it out for you all the best

Paddy

England, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,786 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Royale Abu Soma

Thanks Paddy, you are a star :)

UK
Level Contributor
227 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Royale Abu Soma

I've been looking at this hotel too for March. Hotel looks fab but I'm abit confused about the all inclusive. On the Thomas Cook description it tells you all about the restaurants etc being all inclusive but doesn't say anything about the drinks. Also some guy from Prague who's left a review has said it's one of the best hotels he's been to in Egypt but..... if you like an alcoholic drink it is very expensive even if you are on the all inclusive option... So can't make my mind up whether the drinks are included or not... if you do have to pay for alcoholic drinks then this could be come quite expensive for us over a 10 night stay... Would be grateful if anyone can enlighten on this too... thanks..

Jess..

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Royale Abu Soma

Hi - can you confirm that this is the hotel previously known as the intercontinental or have i got it wrong?

England, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,786 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Royale Abu Soma

Yep it used to be the intercontinental

Hindhead, Surrey...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Royale Abu Soma

Hello,

I've just this minute finished speaking with a Thomas Cook advisor. He catagorically confirms that the package purchased through TC is fully AI, to include some international brands of alchohol. All accommodation / all meals / snacks throughout the day.

Hope this helps you to make a decision. SOH & I are now booked for late March 2012.

Just hoping for decent weather.

Paddy (another Paddy) H

Exeter
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Palm Royale Abu Soma

I have stayed at this hotel four times for business in the last year also when it was the intercontinental. All inclusive covers three meals from the buffet plus local beer (Egyptian stella, pretty good) and local wine, named after the Arabian poet Omar Khayam. The white is delightful but I cant drink the red! Imported drinks are charged and so are drinks at the bars outside of the meal venues. local rum (Egypt Cubana) is my favourite tipple here and I'm not sure if its inclusive or not as I always bring a couple of bottles from town to keep in my room, but you really need local knowledge of where to buy it and town is an expensive limo drive away (40mins) so make sure you bring some duty free.

The staff are really great and they can always help when asked if it is included or not, but it can be a little confusing. there are also several other theme restaurants which are outside of the inclusive regime. Lan internet in the rooms is $20 per day good but not cheap. WiFi is being upgraded and is cheaper. purchase hourly or daily from the front desk. 3G is good. I love the architecture in this place.

It is full on Mock-Pharaonic Odeonesque with Cathedral like dimensions. Lots of statues murals paintings fountains cascades etc. Acres of lawns miles of beaches and a good hot breeze from the north for all you sporty windsurfer kitesurfer types. I love to come back here.

8. Re: Palm Royale Abu Soma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 January 2012, 16:35
England, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,786 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palm Royale Abu Soma

Sounds good! Anyone know what the snorkelling is like?

Crewe, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Palm Royale Abu Soma

Hi,

I am a travel agent & have visited this hotel on a work trip, it was previously known as the Intercontinental hotel!!