We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any advice please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
any advice please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi we are travelling to hurghada in april we will be staying at the iberotel aquamarine i have read mixed reviews on this hotel since booking it so any info anyone can give would be great. also its our 1st time visiting egypt and really dont know what to expect ive got so many queastions lol.....like......what currency is best used.......would it be better to exchange our money once we are there.....another worry is we are going for 2 weeks all inclusive so have no idea whatsoever as to how much spending money we may need (not planning on lots of trips but if any recomendations)...there is only the 2 of us going.....will it be warm in april we travel on the 20 th with thomson.......and finally will there be much to see outside the resort i have heard about the marina and also the big shopping mall but just wandered if there was anywhere else to visit....i apologize for this long winded essay lol and for also bombarding you with loads of questions but im not really a traveller and have only been to spain so thanks again.................................................................sarah

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: any advice please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Currency will be fine like GBP, USD or Euros but Egyptian Pounds is the easiest to use there as it is the local currency and I recommend to exchange from Egypt because you will get higher rate comparing to UK.

The most popular excursions from Hurghada are :

- Luxor day trip/ overnight trip.

- Cairo day trip/ overnight trip by bus or Air.

- Snorkeling .

- Safari in the desert.

Have a nice trip.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any advice please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a look at the Excursions and prices list on the right hand side under top questions about Hurghada, that will give you an idea of what you can do and how much for.

Def recommend the Luxor day trip, especially as you haven't been to Egypt before. There are some really great things to see.

If you are going AI then you probably won't need much spending money. There are some shops at the Senzo Mall including a Nine West shoe shop which is my favourite as they are great prices, especially if they are having a sale!

Get yourself a snorkel set before you go and take in the wonders of the red sea. It really is amazing and the best free thing to do in the world!

Read up on the topics on the right, it will be very different to Spain. Tipping in Egypt is customary and you will need to haggle for anything you buy. The Egyptians will try anything to get you into their shop but never ever pay full price for anything unless it is one of the few shops (or the shops in the Senzo Mall) where prices are labelled on the goods. At your hotel you may find a perfume shop or a papyrus shop and the same goes for these, haggle for everything!

Can't comment on your hotel as i have never been but i am sure it will be lovely :)

Oh, and April weather will be great.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any advice please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto Lesly just one note about currency please try to use the local currency where possible buy it in Egypt as you will get 10 per cent more there is no point in exchanging your money into Dollars anyhow the US rate is none to good at the moment and finally I am sure you will have a great time in Hurghada all the best

Paddy

4. Re: any advice please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2013, 10:29