We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh

I have booked this hotel for September 2012, can't wait as from the reviews and posts on here it sounds absolutely amazing, just have a few quick questions I hope someone who has been there can help me with:

(1) are towels provided round the pool for the sunbeds?

(2) is the beach sandy, as when we went to Sharm it was very gravelly?

(3) does the 24 hour bar for the all-inclusive include cocktails?

(4) is there any evening entertainment?

(5) Do you need a visa at the airport and how much is this?

Any other hints or tips would be gratefully received.

Thank you!

Notts
Level Contributor
637 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh

laura, if you look on the left, under, VISA costs and do i need one, that will give you information, basically yes you do, even if you stay in your hotel all the time, you need a visa for hurghada, cant help you with the other questions.

regards sandie

Baildon, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh

Hi Laura. We arrived back last night from a fab week at the TSH. Yes, towels are provided at the pool and on the beach. The beach is sandy but not the white type you get in the Caribbean. We assume the 24 hr bar includes cocktails but were always back in the room by midnight so didn't test the theory. There was entertainment some but not all evenings - a singer or musician but other nights music playing. The shisha bar didn't appear to be open yet so all action currently in the lobby bar of an evening. Thomas Cook told us the visa would be £13 each or 18 USD. We opted to pay in dollars but were charged 20 each. Yes, you need a visa. Anything else just ask and see if we can help. When we get around to it we will post a review.

3. Re: Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 March 2012, 00:05
Merseyside, UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh

Laura,

I just got back from here at the weekend. You can drink for 24Hrs at the Lobby bar....This is a quiet hotel and there were never any people drinking at the bar past 2am when we were there. Cocktails are included in the package. The beach is sandy but not the fine grain stuff that you find in mexico or florida. Beach towels are provided at both the pool and beach. They will have nightly entertainment by September & the Shisha Bar will be open next Month and this is only 1 minute walk from the beach. A taxi is £15 from the airport and £10 from the resort to the airport. They charge more to collect you from the airport. Its a good hotel that will be even better by September. There were a number of Russian travel agents being shown around when we were there so my guess is that there will be some Russians there too by September.

Enjoy

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh

Did anyone walk down to use the jetty at the PLR next door? if so, how was the snorkelling?

Baildon, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh

Lesley, when we were there last week I walked down the beach onto PLR's jetty but didn't go in the water although a couple I assumed were staying there went in. A couple of days later I walked past the hotel with my husband and we were about to go towards the jetty when PLR's security guard said that people from the Tropitel were not allowed to use it. We thought this was pathetic and told him as much. Unfortunately, throughout our week long stay the shoreline had hundreds of large purple jellyfish so we were not too disappointed at not being able to swim off the jetty.

England, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh

Thanks for that. It's a real shame when they do things like this. May email the hotel and ask them about it as they may be able to speak to the premier and get them to change their mind. I emailed to ask about their own jetty and when it may be built but they do not know at the moment. I know what you mean about the purple jellyfish! There were a lot about last Oct. They are not poisonous but they look it with their long tentacles!

venlo nederlands
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh

hello lesley,it is very hard to get a permit for building a jetty on the coral reefs, premier le reve still has not a permit,that is why the JETTY is still not finished,also there is a life guard to watch out for the clients off PREMIER LE REVE that nothing will happen to them, that's why they don't let other guest from other resorts use the jetty ,this has all to do with the safety for the guest.from PLR.they are not responsible for the safety off the guest from TROPITEL RESORT. tropitel resort also will have to wait a long time for a permit to built there own JETTY. hopes this clears it all a little,why the guest from other resorts can not use the PLR jetty.PS when we stayed at PREMIER LE REVE there was NO JETTY ,i walked every morning a little bit to the right just in front off the NEW BIG BARON PALACE RESORT ,you can enter the sea there over white powder sand and snorkel there to see the beautiful underwater-world from the RED SEA xxx jean

England, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh

Thanks jean, that's interesting to learn :-)

Thanks also for the info about snorkelling from the shore near the baron palace. It looks like we are going to go for the Tropitel so it is all good to hear.

venlo nederlands
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh

have a very nice holiday les, PS you are not really from TIMBUKTU????