We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Totally Disgusted By Hotels4u.com!!!

Luxor
3 posts
Save Topic
Totally Disgusted By Hotels4u.com!!!

After booking through this company in June we decided to go with them again.

This time when going to book I noticed that it stated no Egyptian passport holders!! Now my husband is an Egyptian passport holder but alos a UK residant.

I called the hoteland asked them why they do not take EGyptian national s in there own country and was told that it was Hotels4u policy and not thiers but if he would like to send his UK family to Egypt on there own welcome!!

I called hotels4u customer services to ask them why they where dicriminating against Egyptian nationals to be told it was hotel policy and not theirs!!!

At the end of the day all I want to do is book a holiday for the family but end up facing a form of racism!! What I would like to know is WHY hotels4u support this kind of policy even if they are only an agent as I would seriouly doubt that they would put that customers could not book due to thier ethinc back ground or colour so WHY this??????? Especially in the UK!

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Totally Disgusted By Hotels4u.com!!!

I think they are part of Thomas Cook ? so perhaps that is where your question should be directed.

Where did you go with them in June ?...where there any problems booking then ?. I presume not.

I noted this on their website "Please note Egyptain and Tunisian passport holders must be legally married in order to share a double room in a hotel in Egypt or Tunisia respectively. It is illegal to book a room for a foreign national and an Egyptain or Tunisian unless they are married. Please check with the relevant Consulate for more information. Therefore, the hotels will not accept such reservations on check-in. If there is availability, 2 single rooms will be provided at additional cost to the clients. This law does not apply to holders of non-Egyptain passports".

That refers to married couples and says it is illegal to book a room for an Egyptian UNLESS they are married...and according to your post the gentleman concerned is your husband...so unless i am missing something, wheres the problem ?... I don't know your nationality but if you are both Egyptian or you aren't but he is and your married...then it should be okay..

Sorry if i am being dense and missing something here..

2. Re: Totally Disgusted By Hotels4u.com!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2012, 15:16
Luxor
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Totally Disgusted By Hotels4u.com!!!

SWMuse - Thank you for your reply but my problem is not with being legally married because we are and have been for 14yrs! but to do withthe fact Hotels4u have excepted inthere words tha hotels policy to exclude Egyptian Nationals from booking through there site! I am a UK resident and have all therghts of a UK citizian but just because I hold an Egyptian passport I can not book through there site! This is a form of segregation which I can not except.

Luxor
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Totally Disgusted By Hotels4u.com!!!

Adam -Thank you for your reply but as I hacve said to your company directly I am british resediant for the last 11yrs and I expect to be treated like every body else. My wife is Britishand my 2 children are British, I have been singled out basicly if I want to book through you my family will have to go on holiday without me as your policy states because I am an Egyptian Passport holder I can not book through you and you say this is not segregating me from every one else!!!

This is the fault of Hotels 4 U as you have excepted this policy! you can nottell me that you would allow such a policy to be implimented againt British Passport holders within the UK??? I did look through all he hotels you have listed in Hurghada and they all have the same policy!!! this I find to be a little hard to believe!!!

Especially when the Egyptian tourist board has anounced it is looking in to home based tourism and how they can make it better, plus how they can encourage Egyptian nationals who live abroad to holiday back in there own country!!!

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Totally Disgusted By Hotels4u.com!!!

The response from Hotels4u says that they cannot offer thè same rates to Egyptian nationals as thè hotels wont allow them to be passed on. All seems very strange to me and, as you say, a form of discrimination as one persons money should be as good as the next. Have you tried contacting the particular hotel and seeing what they gave to say about all this ?. Am just wondering if a direct approach might get you somewhere.