We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurghada

Hampshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hurghada

We've been to Sharm and thought we'd try Hurghada. But when we find a hotel the reviews are bad. All the hotels I like the look of seem to have a bad write-up. The food is bad, the place is dirty etc etc. I'm getting so confused I'm wondering whether we should go at all or stick to somewhere else. We had no problems in Sharm. But want to go somewhere where we have'nt been.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
29,101 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurghada

I've been to both. I stayed at the Hilton Resort Hurghada. Nothing special in the way of room or food but nice staff, not so much hassle & you can be in the crowd on the beach side or over the road by a quiet pool.

The entertainment was good then and a wide street right outside with shops resturants & cafes. The boat to the Gifton Isles leaves from the hotel so no early starts. Camel rides on the beach.

Or you could go further south. Fort Arabesque gets good reviews and the new Royal Brayka Bay

Edited: 28 October 2012, 00:05
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurghada

I have been to the Hurghada area several times. Have a look at the Premier Le Reve which is in Sal Hasheesh but only a few miles from Hurghada airport. It is superb but the price does reflect that.

In June we went to the Sentido Crystal Bay. We had an excellent time there although it did not compare to the Premier Le Reve but it was significantly cheaper and excellent value for money. The food and service were good and the public rooms of a high standard. We were not thrilled with our room but it was clean and comfortable and after all, we only slept and showered there.

In a couple of weeks we are going to the Palm Royale Soma Bay. Some slightly mixed reviews but overall positive. We shall see.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurghada

Thank you to both. But I am still not certain.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurghada

Where do you normally stay in Sharm and which hotels have you been looking at in Hurghada?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
29,101 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurghada

Doreron, what is it that you are not sure about. Sounds to me as tho you really want to go back to Sharm.

Or maybe you have been looking at reviews that -dare I say it - are one posters dissing the hotels for some reason. I liked Hurghada. Enough life without the amount of hassle you get in Sharm

worcestershire
Level Contributor
134 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hurghada

Have a look at the steigenberger al dau beach, been there twice and to Egypt 14 times, a very very nice hotel, food well above average for Egypt and a marvelous lazy river for relaxing throughout the day....Dont get this hotel mixed with the steigenberger al dau club,

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hurghada

There are plenty of good hotels in Hurghada not all are expensive but I think that some people complain as they are looking for a European feel to the food as we pick more and more people from Europe that used to go to Spain this has become a problem actually the food the majority of hotels is good it does anger me when you see reviews that complain that a guest could not get there favourite European dish and then they slate the hotel Sharm is set up as being more like a European resort Hurghada is a real living working city the city became before the resort Hurghada started out as one of the Major fishing ports in Egypt and turned into a a massive Holiday resort that spans 34 Km in Length from El Gouna in the North to Makadi Bay in the South I hope that this information is of some use all the best

Paddy

8. Re: Hurghada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2013, 10:15