We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest Adive from the Foreign Office

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Latest Adive from the Foreign Office

here is the latest advice from the foreign office please not this advice is updated regularly and as you will see from the map there are NO restrictions in the Red Sea Resorts in particular Hurghada El Gouna Safaga and Marsa Alam here is the link fco.gov.uk/en/…egypt

All the best

Paddy

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
507 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest Adive from the Foreign Office

Thank you Paddy for the update.

Your view us greatly appreciated and valued by me.

Deb x

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest Adive from the Foreign Office

Many Thanks Deb, Just to update you all the current situation issued by the FCO remains the same if there are any changes to this I will update as soon as the information is passed on all the best and Happy Holidays

Paddy

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest Adive from the Foreign Office

I noticed today that the US are warning Americans not to travel to Egypt and pulling out non emergency staff!, do we need to be worried, as there's no such warning on the FCO website?.

Many Thanks

Amersfoort, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest Adive from the Foreign Office

Dutch foreign office warn people to be carefull traveling to Egypt, but Red Sea destinations appear to be safe at this time. Can anyne confirm this? We are going Tuesday...

Edited: 29 June 2013, 11:20
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest Adive from the Foreign Office

Red Sea resorts as still fine to travel to according to the latest advice. https:/…egypt

There are some demonstrations planned in the coming days but these are not planned in the Sharm or Hurghada areas.

With the US, I am sure they have also done this in the past when our office allowed travel. Seriously, i doubt you will even know anything about the demos unless you watch it on your hotels TV.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest Adive from the Foreign Office

As I thought but just thought I would ask.

Thanks

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
30,382 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest Adive from the Foreign Office

There is a posting on the Sharm el Sheikh forum abut a march. Maybe because so many Cairenes work there.

It seems nothing is planned for Hurghada maybe because the staff arelargely from a different area.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k6…

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Latest Adive from the Foreign Office

Hi, we are flying into Hurghada this Friday 5th July with our 2 young children, aged 4 & 6, is things still peaceful in Hurghada? I checked FCO & Hurghada seems ok to still travel to, is this case, please put my mind at ease, thank you.

9. Re: Latest Adive from the Foreign Office

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2013, 11:40
Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Latest Adive from the Foreign Office

Thanks paddy keep us updated mate im travelling with family to hurghada end of august and wanted to travel to cairo to see some friends after five years so might have to welcome him to hurghada as my guest instead.