We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic life kalaway imperial hurghada

6 posts
Save Topic
Magic life kalaway imperial hurghada

Hi

Have just returned from hotel last night.

Hotel is empty due to no germans. English tourists handed letters saying they would be moved to another hotel in friday. First choice/thomson claiming they dont know anything and will still fly you out there and take you to a different hotel.

I advise you to ring first choice asap and find out about your booking

Falcon Adventure - Hurghada
Sightseeing Tours, Other Outdoor Activities, Safaris, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Ramashka Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Swim with Dolphins, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Other Outdoor Activities
Egypt Tours Portal Day Trips
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Other Outdoor Activities, Private Tours
Hurghada Reisen
Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours, Swim with Dolphins, Boat Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic life kalaway imperial hurghada

I was also told by staff that it is likely to remain closed for at least 6 weeks, some even saying 6 months??

Family are due to travel there next month and first choice are claiming to know nothing about it and will not change their holiday, even though their rep in resort told me they would do that and my family would not be informed until they arrive at hurghada airport

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic life kalaway imperial hurghada

Thanks for post. Due to go there in 3 weeks and had my suspicions that it would close. Have contacted travel agent and am awaiting their response. It would be good to know what hotel they are planning to relocate holidaymakers to.

6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic life kalaway imperial hurghada

Apparantly the iberotel aquamarine. Think they are putting guests from a few hotels there. Its such a shame, the magic life is FANTASTIC

uk
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic life kalaway imperial hurghada

We are/were due to go there on 13 sept for 2 weeks, thomson are saying that they have not heared this... I have emailed the hotel directly

6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic life kalaway imperial hurghada

Thomsons have also told my family the same thing, but we were there seeing the letters being given to tourists telling them they would have to leave on monday (26th) which was then extended to Friday (30th).This had to be negotiated by the thomson rep as the hotel wanted guests to leave on that monday. I have said that to thomsons but they said as they dont know anything theres nothing they will do.

uk
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic life kalaway imperial hurghada

Just had confirmation from thomsons that we will not be going to kalawy imperial, they are calling us tomorrow to discuss alternatives. The only hotel that is of a similar standard and location would be palm royal in soma bay but this is a thomas cook hotel..

Langholm, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magic life kalaway imperial hurghada

We are going to Magic life on Monday 2nd September just off the fone to First Choice and they deny that it is closing!!! however jut been on the fone to Magic Life in Germany and they said that the club will be closing this weekend. We booked Magic life because we love there resorts will not be happy going somewhere else :-(

London, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Magic life kalaway imperial hurghada

I thought that Thomsons and First Choice were the same company or sister companies. How is it that one is cancelling someone's holiday on the 13th and you are due to fly out on Monday and they are denying all knowledge. I have e-mailed Club magic life in Austria and they have told me the hotel is closed definately until the 15th September.

London, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Magic life kalaway imperial hurghada

I thought that Thomsons and First Choice were the same company or sister companies. How is it that one is cancelling someone's holiday on the 13th and you are due to fly out on Monday and they are denying all knowledge. I have e-mailed Club magic life in Austria and they have told me the hotel is closed definately until the 15th September.

London, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Magic life kalaway imperial hurghada

Sorry correction. What I meant to say was that Thomsons are telling their customer that the hotel is not available and discussing alternatives but First Choice are still denying that the hotel is closed. Sorry for the confusion.