We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier le Reve versus Palm Royale

Leeds
Level Contributor
402 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Premier le Reve versus Palm Royale

Hi

Have stayed at PLR before and am planning a holiday in January 2014. Palm Royale caught my eye and is quite a bit cheaper than PLR and seems to get good reviews.

Has anyone been to both and can offer a comparison. Just don't want to be disappointed for the sake of a few quid.

Great Yeldham...
Level Contributor
567 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premier le Reve versus Palm Royale

It really depends if you want a child free environment or not. We love the PLR specially for that reason

Leeds
Level Contributor
402 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premier le Reve versus Palm Royale

Child free or not is a minor issue for us..........have you stayed at both places and can offer a comparison?

Great Yeldham...
Level Contributor
567 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premier le Reve versus Palm Royale

No -Only stay at child free establishments as ita a major issue for us

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premier le Reve versus Palm Royale

I am your man (or woman!). We have been twice to the PLR and twice to the Palm Royale. If I say we are going back to the Palm Royale for Christmas I think you will know what my verdict will be.

Yes, the Premier Le Reve was great but just so expensive in comparison to the Palm Royale. The service is good at the PLR but just as good at Palm. We also like the four a la carte restaurants at the Palm which you can visit as many times as you wish.

The rooms at the PLR probably have the edge over the Palm, especially the bathroom but how much time do you spend in the room?

Yes, adults only is appealing but I can honestly say we had no issues with kids at the Palm. We mostly stayed by the pool whilst children tend to be on the beach. The Palm is very isolated but then apart from half-built properties, that was the case at the PLR when we were there.

Any other questions, please ask.

Leeds
Level Contributor
402 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premier le Reve versus Palm Royale

Thanks for that MrsKris........very reassuring as we booked the Palm Royale this afternoon for two weeks in February!

A couple of questions if I may.

Is there a dress code for dinner? (Just need to work out how many pairs of trousers to take)

Is there any entertainment at night?

I guess the current unrest is affecting numbers. I would be interested to know when you get back from your holiday how full the hotel was.

Enjoy your Christmas break and thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

regards

Ivor

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Premier le Reve versus Palm Royale

Hi Ivor. Congratulations, you have chosen well:)

I do not actually know if there is a dress code for dinner as my husband is old school and always wears long trousers in the evening. However, in February I think you will need long pants as it will be quite chilly. Personally, I think getting dressed up for dinner is part of the charm of holidays any way!

Evening entertainment is not a strong attribute of this hotel. There is a small animation team who do their best with limited resources. Their efforts were mostly directed at the Russians who seemed to like that sort of thing IYKWIM. The team always made a point of coming to speak to us and were a very nice bunch but we could not be persuaded to join in. Not our cup of tea at all.

There is a pianist who plays in the atrium from early evening. She is very good but there is a subdued atmosphere. Lively it is not. We like just to have a few drinks after dinner, possibly play cards or enjoy good conversation with fellow guests.

We are looking forward to our Christmas break. A first for us to be away from family and friends at this time of year. I will be sure to write a review on our return.

Scotland
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Premier le Reve versus Palm Royale

Hi Ivor. We re alo going o Palm Royale in Feb. what dates are you going

Leeds
Level Contributor
402 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Premier le Reve versus Palm Royale

We go on the 18th February for two weeks.

Have you been before?

Scotland
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Premier le Reve versus Palm Royale

No but did loads of research before booking. I think we have both chosen well going by all the reviews. We are there for a week from the 10th then off to Luxor for a week at Nile Palace. Can't wait

Bolton, Lancashire
Level Contributor
139 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Premier le Reve versus Palm Royale

Hi

We are going to the Palm Royal next Tue to celebrate My Hubby 40th Birthday. Relay Looking forward to going. I can find out for you if there is any dress code. I will be putting my review when we get back.

Helen