We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extra Legroom Seats - Thompson Holidays - Hurghada Flight

cheshire
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Extra Legroom Seats - Thompson Holidays - Hurghada Flight

Hi

We have always booked extra legroom seats when travelling to Hurghada due to the cramped conditions on such a long flight but I am now very confused as they have seemed to change the location of these seats and have now replaced them with Extra Space Seats and the Extra Legroom are now close to the front of the plane. A little concerning as was not advised at time of booking. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Extra Legroom and Extra Space?

I have paid £190.00 return for 2 adults and have noticed Extra Space are a lot cheaper. HELP!!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extra Legroom Seats - Thompson Holidays - Hurghada Flight

I think that extra space are the seats at the front behind the bulkhead where you can't fully extend your legs and the one right next to the emergency exit door where the door locks etc stick out. And then the extra legroom ones are the ones next to the one next to the emergency door and the others in the plane next to the doors such as where there are always 2 on their own on about row 11. These are the true extra legroom seats.

Does this make sense?!

Edited: 22 March 2014, 21:57
Leigh, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extra Legroom Seats - Thompson Holidays - Hurghada Flight

We have just returned from Hurghada with Thomson and we had the extra legroom seats. These seats are numbers 8,10,11. The extra space are near the exits and there are restrictions on who can sit in these seats. I think it is worth paying for extra legroom and for people with some degree of disability there are no restrictions.

Enjoy your holiday

manchester
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extra Legroom Seats - Thompson Holidays - Hurghada Flight

Hi

We have booked to go to Hurghada with Thomson from manchester and have booked extra legroom seats. Did you manage to get 2 seats together alright and did you pick your seats dead on the 90 days from return flight., or did you manage to pick them earlier? Are the extra legroom seats all together? I am getting a bit worried about this as there are no extra legroom seats left and I don't want to be too late selecting our seats.

Many thanks

Karen

Level Contributor
201 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extra Legroom Seats - Thompson Holidays - Hurghada Flight

Booked extra legroom at time of booking,12 weeks before departure,seats 31 ,and they only cost £50 both ways.

Pat

5. Re: Extra Legroom Seats - Thompson Holidays - Hurghada Flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2015, 05:16