We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clock changes

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
83 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Clock changes

Hi everyone, Just making final preparations for our (1st) visit on Friday 20th for 2 weeks. Can any of you experts just confirm that I've got this right? On our booking confirmation, the flight (ZB994) was to arrive from Birmingham at 20.25. Will the local time now be 21.25? More importantly, when we return home (4 July on ZB 995) the time was given as 21.25 - am I correct in thinking that this will still be the same because the clocks will have gone back by 1 hour during our stay? I'm only concerned because of making sure that our (return) airport transfer is arranged for the proper time!! I'm sure that one (or more) of you will know the definite answer to this. Thanks.

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
386 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clock changes

I'm on the same flight but a few weeks later I was wondering this to . also I keep thinking will terminal 2 be open

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clock changes

I think you are right with arrival but your departure will be one hour later than it says on your tickets but you will arrive in UK at the time on your tickets. This is true if your tickets were issued before it was decided to change the clocks to Daylight Saving Time.

We had the same problem a couple of weeks ago and that is how it panned out!

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clock changes

Hi wolverleywanderers as your return date is within Ramadan then yes Egypt will be 2 hours ahead on your outbound flight but only 1 hour ahead on your return flight

John

St Albans, England
Level Contributor
112 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clock changes

Hi,

What are the dates for Ramadan this year ?

I think the time must change during my holiday, (1 hour difference on arrival, 2 hours on the way back).

Thanks

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clock changes

Ramadan this year is from 28th June until 28th July

John

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
83 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clock changes

Thanks John - very helpful as all of your replies - it's all very confusing to me!!

St Albans, England
Level Contributor
112 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clock changes

Thanks John,

That explains the time difference !!

dundee
Level Contributor
358 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clock changes

Hi

I travel on October 7. Will my flight tomes be affected?

Sunderland
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Clock changes

It now appears that the clocks will change on 1st August and not on 28th July as previously announced.

Hurghada, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
943 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clock changes

Maybe this link to the world clock will be of help.

The confusion comes with Ramadan, as they go by the stages of the moon, so it's still only presumed that it will start on the 28th June.

www.timeanddate.com/time/change/egypt/cairo