We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy is the resort this year?

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
How busy is the resort this year?

Hi,

I was in Sharm last year, around the last week in July and first week in August and it was pretty quiet - from talking to the staff at my hotel they put it down to the troubles in Cairo.

So I am wondering what is it going to be like this year? How busy is at the moment? Anyone there right now have an idea of % occupancy in their hotel? Definetly dont hink hotels are full but would like a general idea of how busy it is please. Going last two weeks in August this year

Thanks

Exhall, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How busy is the resort this year?

You should post that question on the Sharm forum, they will be able to answer it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How busy is the resort this year?

Hi

Sorry, going to Hurghada this year, so question is related to Hurghada if you have any information please?

Thanks

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How busy is the resort this year?

Which particular hotel? Occupancy now may not be a good indicator of what it will be at the end of August. We have just returned from two weeks at the Palm Royale. The first few days the hotel was busy and then it quietened down a bit. We were there at the same time last year and there were less guests then.

Hurghada, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
941 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How busy is the resort this year?

It is very busy here in Hurghada at the moment, many hotels are at around 90%.

This may reduce during July, due to it being Ramadan, but indicators show it's busy again after 28th July 2014.

On the main, the whole resort has been busy for the last few months, as a lot of people are now trying Hurghada, as opposed to Sharm, due to the different Embassies travel warnings.

We just need guests to come off the hotel complexes, and enjoy the whole safe experience of the Egyptian people, in Hurghada.

Have lovely holiday.....

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How busy is the resort this year?

More people would come off the complexes if there wasn't so much hassle from the traders. Saying that it was much better in Dahab last year, not too much hassle in the town, but it was very quiet.

You have to feel for the traders as they are trying to make a living, but if they let us look in the shops without pestering us we are more likely to buy stuff............

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How busy is the resort this year?

Absolutely josiem. I would browse the shops but I am put off by the aggressive tactics and the feeling I could not leave without buying something.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How busy is the resort this year?

I'm maintaining good contact with reception at the Jungle Aqua and they have been rammed at 100% the last two weeks I'm told

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How busy is the resort this year?

hi, i just returned from Hurghada this weekend and it is around 90% booked!

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How busy is the resort this year?

Thanks all, sounds great! Only thing I didn't like about Sharm last year was it was too quiet

10. Re: How busy is the resort this year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:17