We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost to get in to Hurghada

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
521 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Cost to get in to Hurghada

A friend who has recently been to Hurghada says that the cost of entry is 38 pounds sterling or only 10 dollars US.

Can anyone confirm this as it seems to be a no brainer as to which currency to take to pay for the visa.

Ta.

ps We are staying at the Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh in early October, does anyone know if the pool water is real water or the powdered stuff that you mix with water to make water.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,237 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost to get in to Hurghada

'A friend who has recently been to Hurghada says that the cost of entry is 38 pounds sterling or only 10 dollars US.'

Don't know where your friend got that from. The official cost of a visa is USD$25. Currently that equates to £14.57.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost to get in to Hurghada

I just got back they asked for 35 American dollar s or 20 gb pounds. We paid in pounds.

Taunton, United...
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay
Level Contributor
872 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost to get in to Hurghada

That higher figure ($35/£20) is if you get duped by the "reps" at the airport. The bank counter on the left charges the official rate: $25/£15 (approx).

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost to get in to Hurghada

I assumed as they were Egyptian and behind a counter that they were official

Hurghada, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
941 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost to get in to Hurghada

The cost of a visa is $25 US Dollars. Depending on the exchange rate, at the moment that would cost you £15 English Sterling (the banks don't accept Scottish or Northern Island notes).

They will always round up to the nearest £5, as they are unable to cash in coins, even at the high street banks.

It is much easier and quicker to go to the visa banks, which are on the left, as you enter the airport building. Avoid using the reps. Bring US Dollars specifically for your visas, they are easy to get from a local Post Office or Travel Agent.

It sounds a lot of hassle, but it's only as hard as you make it.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost to get in to Hurghada

I didn't find it hard just very misleading, I had bought 25 us dollars but they asked for 35 so had no option than to pay in GBP. There is no clear signage and the officers didn't look like anything you would expect a "rep" to look like. They were just Egyptian officers behind a desk looking official. My advice is be very careful indeed.

7. Re: Cost to get in to Hurghada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada