We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disabled and getting about

wales
Level Contributor
169 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
disabled and getting about

Im disabled and Im going to have to use a wheelchair the majority of the time , we ve had to cancel our nile cruise as my conditions worsened so we re now going to, travel and stay in a hotel in Luxor for a few days,we re spending most of our holiday in Hurgada, will I be able to get about,taxi trips etc,Im not one for staying in one place for long, and being fairly new to this disabled malarki I dont want it to stop me doing what I used to do, any tips will be appreciated TIA

Exhall, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: disabled and getting about

Hurghada, shouldn't be to much of a problem, but Luxor is another story, I have seen people in wheelchairs in Hurghada. Luxor's pavements are NOT THE BEST, so apart from the main prom in Luxor, you will probably need to use the road (as pedestrians do, and the cars just go around you lol).

The problem with Egypt, is that it is NOT exactly disabled friendly if you are in a wheelchair (but don't let put you off).

Edited: 17 July 2014, 07:32
Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
wales
Level Contributor
169 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: disabled and getting about

many thanks, this will be my first holiday, fully using my chair, my daughter and I went to malta in feb and that was a disaster, and I wasnt in my chair full time then

3. Re: disabled and getting about

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:17