We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help please?

STAFFS UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
help please?

we have been to hurghada about 10 years ago and are returning in 3 weeks time - 22/9/06

we cannot remember if we used dollars or LE pounds in the shops ?

also duty free shop at hurghada is there one??

diving near to grand siva beach - only had one reply to my post recommendation for a dive school near the hotel ? any other offers??

can anyone help please?

many thanks to all your egypt' o philes!!

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: help please?

Hi,

I'm sure LE would be fine for currency in shops but I would advise you exchange sterling for LE when you arrive. The exchange rate is much better than in the UK.

I was at Hurghada airport in March meeting my son from UK & noticed a duty free shop as you leave the airport building on your left.

Sorry can't answer your question about the diving but if any friends here in Luxor have any info I will post again.

UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: help please?

The duty free shops at Hurgahda airport do not accept Egyptian pounds, there is one shop on the way out and are two duty free shops after you clear security on the way back, most shops in Hurghada will accept GBP, Euros or USD, we found GBP easier as the exchange rate is around 10 to 1 and the exchange rate was better in Egypt than the UK

STAFFS UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help please?

thanks guys for your help - will be requiring similar info if you have it for marsa alam too as we go there in jan 07 again for the diving !!

any info gratefully received

Thanks

Keith, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help please?

We are also going to Siva Grand Beach on 15th September and would like to know which is the best PADI dive centre near the hotel

UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: help please?

I am not sure if this will help as we don't dive we did notice a dive center near our hotel, it was near the mermaid roundabout in the center of Hurghada on the road to Papas beach where the ministry of sound club is, there is also a dive shop just of the roundabout that might be able to help

6. Re: help please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2006, 12:45
ayrshire, scotland
Level Contributor
934 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help please?

there was a 2 duty free shops in hurghada the one we went to was near the bp garage the reps told us about it you have got to take your passport (if 2 of you going take both passports) you can only buy 3 litres spirits the smirnoff vodka was about £2.50

8. Re: help please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 07:17