We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight trip to Luxor

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight trip to Luxor

Hi we are due to go to Hurghada in a weeks time and I would like to take an overnight trip to Luxor. It would be for myself, my partner and our 2 teenage children. We have never been to Luxor before and would like to see the main attractions and would like to have our own guide.

Does anyone know of a company that would be able to help me sort this out before we go ?

Many thanks

Level Contributor
185 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight trip to Luxor

Hi Happyfish,

https:/…

try this link and you will find the e mail address on the page ,it was given to me by someone on here who used them before,cant vouch for them myself,but Im communicating with them at the moment about a Luxor trip

Pat

Level Contributor
185 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight trip to Luxor

Sorry ,mailed you instead

Pat

Toronto
Level Contributor
516 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight trip to Luxor

I used reallifeegypt dot com, Booked a private guide with driver for 2 days, no payment in advance. Prices were great and I had a good experience with them.

You could probably arrange transportation from them also if you wanted.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight trip to Luxor

Hurghada Tourist Services provide private tours to Luxor. Email on Facebook. Not done the trip but have used transfer services many times and know Chris to be reliable and a keen Egyptologist.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight trip to Luxor

My wife and 16 year old nephew did the trip a few weeks ago with Chris Miller and HTS and were absolutely delighted with the service and everything that they were taken to see. I had been on another trip but my wife had a far more interseting time with Chris and my nephew was incredulous at the things he saw and experienced.

Edited: 15 August 2014, 09:46
Hurghada, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
943 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight trip to Luxor

If you get a private car with driver/guide, it's much better than the coach trips.

It only takes 3 1/2 hours to get there, and the temples etc open around 7am, so loads of time to see everything.

If you're wanting to have an overnight stay, have a look at staying in an apartment or B&B by looking on www.holidaylettings.co.uk or check www.booking.com for hotel deals.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overnight trip to Luxor

thank you all for your help. We have booked a trip with Chris for the end of the month. I will report back when we return. Only 4 more sleeps till we fly, cant wait.

Thanks again

Level Contributor
185 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overnight trip to Luxor

How wonderful ,have a fabulous holiday ,hope to read all your news when you come back

Pat

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Overnight trip to Luxor

Good post, as we have been considering a trip to Luxor when we go to Hurghada in December. Thanks for the info. :-)

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Overnight trip to Luxor

Sandy, re your post:

If you get a private car with driver/guide, it's much better than the coach trips.

Any idea how much it would cost for 2 adults?