We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm royale hurghada - cash machine

england
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Palm royale hurghada - cash machine

Can i use my debit card in the ATM machine at palm royale to get money out whilst i am there?

Level Contributor
185 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm royale hurghada - cash machine

Great question ,I was just thinking the same

Pat

x

Royston
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm royale hurghada - cash machine

Talking of cash, can you change uk money there too?

Leeds
Level Contributor
385 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm royale hurghada - cash machine

You can change both sterling to LE and large LE notes to smaller (ie 5 or 10LE) at reception.

The cash machine definitely changes sterling to LE but can't recall if it accepts ATM cards.

Why not email the hotel, I'm sure they will tell you?

Royston
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm royale hurghada - cash machine

Brilliant thanks.

Level Contributor
185 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm royale hurghada - cash machine

Hi all,

Have mailed the hotel ,but if anyone either hears or knows ,can they post on here

thanks

Pat

england
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm royale hurghada - cash machine

i have emailed also will let you know once they have replied also

deb

england
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palm royale hurghada - cash machine

hello

I have had a reply from the hotel to say you can use all cards in the ATM machine to obtain cash. I am just taking some dollars for tips and will get any extra out when i am there

thanks

deb

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palm royale hurghada - cash machine

Don't forget that your card provider will charge you for using the ATM in Egypt. Personally, I take sterling cash with me and change some at the airport and then more as needed.

There are machines which you can put in say a £20 note and it gives you Egyptian pounds back. We used such a facility in El Gouna but I did not need to do so when at the Palm Royale.

We tip in Egyptian pounds where we can. When we run out of small notes, we use pound coins. The staff often ask to change the coins into notes so that they can change them into their own currency. A problem for them I know but a tip in any currency is better than no tip at all!

Level Contributor
185 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palm royale hurghada - cash machine

Hi All

Debs,I too got a reply to say about the cards ,think Im with you on this one ,take my card and withdraw what I need ,as we don't go till October,can you let me know how you got on.The banks didn't charge much last year in Tunisia for taking out cash,and when your all inc ,you don't need much cash anyway.

Thanks

Pat

england
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palm royale hurghada - cash machine

Hi pat I will let u know how it all goes I am on countdown now. 2weeks today...I don't spend much if all inc and as you say it's not a big charge as will only get any out if I book a trip I am taking dollars to pay visa and one dollar bills are good for tips..

Deb