We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20 somethings in Hurghada!

london
5 posts
Save Topic
20 somethings in Hurghada!

Me and my friend both 20-21 are heading off to hurghada for a week in march

Being students on a tight budget we want a cheap all in deal and will probably stay at the reemyvera - it has had mixed reviews but we just want cheap and cheerful if it is a nightmare we will just eat and sleep there and run to local beaches!!!

Want to know what nightlife is like and what sort of daytime activities are good for those on a budget?

Any recommendations for fab nights out and cheap excursions would be much appreciated!

I have read mixed reviews of this resort so I am kinda fearful but my friend speaks german fluently so shouldnt be too bad with regards to dealing with the germans!!!

Any advice with regards to currency and safety will also be much appreciated we are not seasoned travellers my only time outside of the EU was NYC and thats just like living in London! lol

Many Thanks for any advice

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 20 somethings in Hurghada!

Use the search tool. Type night life, trips or safety and you will get lots of posts on all those topics.

York, UK
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 20 somethings in Hurghada!

Hi Dannylady

Just got back from Hurghada - nightlife is, erm, strange.

First of all - nowhere really gets going til after midnight like most foreign countries with more relaxed drinking laws

Bottle of beer costs between 40p and £2.50 depening on where you go.

Cheap bars are the local ones situated towards the end of Sekkala.

More expensive bars are Ministry of Sound and the English type bars at the bottom like Papas, Sams etc.

Ministry of Sound Beach Bar is at the bottom end of Sekkala on El Tabia beach. It is free to get in, awesome decor and about £1.80 for a bottle of beer. Word of warning though - it's full of mozzies so take some spray!

Didn't got to MOS club, but it's right at the top end of Sekkala (up the main road, turn 90degrees right at the fork.) You walk / taxi down a quiet road and will see the ministry sign lit up on the grass. Apparently this doesnt get busy til 2-3am. Costs £6 to get in, but when we baulked at the price he halved it - so speak to the manager of MOS beach bar (looks like Vin Diesel) if you want cheaper entry!

Papas HRG is an English themed bar which gets quiet busy with Brits.

Tip is to go out later as all the families are out early doors. Anytime before midnight it's hard to find somewhere that's lively.

Currency - get it changed over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got charged 7p changing £200 in my hotel.

For cheaper activities make friends with a local, or someone in one of the dive centers.

Giftun Island - £10-£30 each full day on a paradise island

Quad Biking - £25-£50 each for full day gokarting, jeep safari, quad biking, camel ride, horse ride, bbq, bedouin show

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask if you want anymore info. Stayed all inclusive so didn't venture out too often

3. Re: 20 somethings in Hurghada!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 12:25